Sprintrep81

Jan 26, 2007, 12:38 PM
Is the Motorola Q worth getting?
MetroTet

Jan 26, 2007, 1:34 PM
no.
Kagehiru

Jan 26, 2007, 2:17 PM
What do you want to do with the phone? I own one and I'm quite happy, but maybe you're not looking for the same things I was.
Sprintrep81

Jan 26, 2007, 2:34 PM
I am a sprint employee and i don't want it to replace my employee line it would just be a second line mostly for internet, the planner and that sort of stuff. I had the 6700 for a while but at that time i had it on my employee line and i hated that i lost all of the ring tones and games. but that stuff isn't an issue with this one.
Kagehiru

Jan 26, 2007, 3:06 PM
I don't mind the internet on the Q- for the most part it works well and and I can view the pages pretty easily. I thought the 6700 looked nicer, but I made that decision before the Q came out and I haven't compared the two side by side.

The date book works alright, the contact manager works very well, though I wish it were easier to organize by first or last name. The default task manager is a joke. As a Nintendo, the Q shines.

I haven't used any third party programs but several come highly recommended, so you might want to check the Q forum for specific recommendations.
missangel

May 7, 2008, 10:18 AM
If you just want the Moto Q to surf the web as a secondary device it's an okay phone. It does have some slight issues with freezing when you have too many applications opened at once.
If you were going for a full time phone I would reccommend spending more for the upgrade version of it, the Moto Q 9c. The 9c comes with an extended life battery for up to 7.2 hours of talk time while the regular Moto Q only has 4 hours of continuous digital talk time. And the 9c will get Broadband-like speeds where the service is available.
What I like about the Moto Q's is that unlike the blackberry they don't require an expensive data plan.
mellowlen62

May 18, 2008, 2:46 PM
Do you pay for data as you go or have a cheaper, limited data plan then??
missangel

May 18, 2008, 9:41 PM
no, you can use the $10 unlimited sprint power vision pack with it.
markphotog

May 17, 2008, 12:54 PM
I know about 6 guys that have it, they all like it - except for the short battery life.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.