Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 12 replies

T720 vs V710 - which is better?

skipbl92

Sep 9, 2004, 12:12 PM
I currently own a T720 and I am looking at upgrading to the V710. Will it be worth it? The camera aspect of the phone is not a selling point. The 2 features I look for are connectivity and Get It Now.
BowWowWow

Sep 9, 2004, 12:50 PM
skipbl92 said:
I currently own a T720 and I am looking at upgrading to the V710. Will it be worth it? The camera aspect of the phone is not a selling point. The 2 features I look for are connectivity and Get It Now.

The V710 is much better. The T720 was a heap of ****. Bluetooth (even though it's currently crippled) and MP3s, plus it's pretty stylish & has a much better screen.
CainMarko

Sep 10, 2004, 3:01 PM
t720=poop
v710= shiny poop that doesn't smell as bad.

😛
hehehe. I think that the v710 is a GOOD phone but the phone hasn't really wowed me. The t720 is exactly as described: poop. so if you like the t720, almost anything would be an improvement.
CDGIII

Sep 10, 2004, 3:55 PM
The 730 would be an improvment over the 720, so much so the 730 was nicknamed "The Apology". Yeah, the 710 is a vastly improved phone over the 720; it actually works.
JDigital

Sep 11, 2004, 1:00 PM
Well then that's a pretty lousy apology. The 730 was just a 720 with different plastic covers and some minor fixes. It still pretty much sucks.
muchdrama

Sep 11, 2004, 4:11 PM
JDigital said:
Well then that's a pretty lousy apology. The 730 was just a 720 with different plastic covers and some minor fixes. It still pretty much sucks.
Gah! Mine worked fine, dammit! 😉
tyrjohn

Sep 12, 2004, 12:47 PM
I never heard anyone call in telling me that their V710 is not working right but the T720 that is a different story.
glennemay

Oct 14, 2005, 1:39 PM
I have had a T-720, 730 and now have a V710. The 720/30 was a decent phone at best. It worked when I needed it to, but was never great.

The 710 on the otherhand has been outstanding as far as connectivity and battery life are concerned. I as well do not use the extra features, such as camera, and MP3 player. But use it as a telephone and the reception is by far second to none.

Good luck
Badibada

Oct 14, 2005, 9:53 PM
R U SERIOUS...........v710 and e815 have the worst battery life out of any motorola...they have features that draint the battery like crazy.....
muchdrama

Sep 11, 2004, 4:09 PM
CainMarko said:
t720=poop
v710= shiny poop that doesn't smell as bad.

😛
hehehe. I think that the v710 is a GOOD phone but the phone hasn't really wowed me. The t720 is exactly as described: poop. so if you like the t720, almost anything would be an improvement.
I almost believed the incredibly bad hype about the Motorola "t" series, until I actually owned and operated a t730 through Verizon for a period of time. My take? The phone worked flawlessly for the time I had it (a few months), and I only moved over to the Nokia 3589 because the Moto's ear piece volume simply wasn't loud enough for this deaf 33 year old (yes, it's me). As for the v710...I haven't heard enough about this phone to form any kind o...
(continues)
JDigital

Sep 11, 2004, 5:07 PM
Muchdrama, it's nice to see you again, but being an edumacated 33 year old, you should realize that anecdotal evidence is not evidence at all; i.e., "well I knew this one guy from Florida who was a really awesome salesman, so I know that all Floridian males are great salesmen."
muchdrama

Sep 12, 2004, 12:17 PM
JDigital said:
Muchdrama, it's nice to see you again, but being an edumacated 33 year old, you should realize that anecdotal evidence is not evidence at all; i.e., "well I knew this one guy from Florida who was a really awesome salesman, so I know that all Floridian males are great salesmen."
You're absolutely correct. It should read "All NATIVE Floridian males are great salesmen". As for the "t" series, I don't know what to tell you. Mine worked, period. As for every other model out there...I can't offer an explanation to their crapiness.
yiyi121

Sep 11, 2004, 3:06 PM
Don't ever keep 710.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.