Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

HELP!

perplexed22

Jan 9, 2007, 9:56 AM
😳
I have done, or attempted, to do SO much research on pda's in general. I have no clue about all of the symbol's...yet, like evdo, sdio, wap, isp, mms, ota, tty, yaddi yaddi yaddi.
I need severe help. I have until the 15th of January to pick and stick with a phone. I live in an area that is terrible with cell reception. I have Verizon and with my E815 it had no problems at all with reception.
My fiance' purchased the treo W for me for christmas (retail). Everyone told him at the store that it will not get great reception where I live and travel. He got it anyway because thats what I wanted. Well, they were right, 2 or 3 days later I took it in and got a Q. Needless to say, I want the treo back.
You talk to one person at the store (...
(continues)
mrraincoat

Jan 9, 2007, 10:31 AM
It depends entirely on your area, and what kind of technology you're on. CDMA you're not going to have a whole lot of luck boosting as most towers are smart enough now to know when you're boosting your signal, and seeing as it drowns out other phones signals, and can possibly cause damage to the tower, they generally block boosted signals, or will come knock on your door. If you're just boosting your reception, that doesn't necessarily mean that your phone is going to be able to reach the tower back. If the tower has any range extension, your phone may show a good downlink, but have a horrible uplink that you really can't guage without knowing what to look for. There are other people who know more about this, and there are posts that scatter...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.