Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Opera Mini

AriTony

Dec 15, 2006, 3:16 PM
I have a Samsung and my carrier is Cingular. I just downloaded Opera Mini on my phone and it works great. I was concerned about the message that displays saying it uses airtime minutes. Does anyone know the estimated amount it uses per transfer??? Is it really worth it?

THANKS!!!
switchy85

Dec 15, 2006, 3:20 PM
It doesn't actually use airtime. It just says it MAY use it, depending on your carrier and how they charge for data. W/ Cingular you will be using kbs of data. If you don't have a plan it will be $0.01 (that's one cent for the Verizon reps, j/k 🙂 ) per kb that you use. If you have a data plan, it will just take from what you've already paid for.
AriTony

Dec 15, 2006, 3:36 PM
I have the unlimited internet plan with Cingular, so I should be fine right??
switchy85

Dec 15, 2006, 7:20 PM
Golden. 😁 And props for getting Opera Mini in the first place. It makes surfing so much easier on your phone. 😎
raycarroll70

Dec 15, 2006, 9:50 PM
I wish Modzilla made a wireless platform of their Firefox 2 and Thunderbird as I'd love to see Microsoft taken down a few notches. I too use Opera Mini on my Smasung A500 and think it works pretty well for general internet surfing.
katrina

Dec 18, 2006, 1:31 PM
so its .01 cents/kb?
;-)
MobileMogul

Dec 18, 2006, 2:00 PM
what costs a penny a kilo???
raycarroll70

Dec 18, 2006, 2:16 PM
If you have Sprint, download Opera Mini(122 KB) and do not have a Vision/Power Vision data package on your wireless account, the casual usage for downloading/uploading data is $0.03/KB which would equal $3.66(122x0.03). Once Opera Mini is loaded on your Sprint phone, you'll be then charged to surf to different web sites from the Opera Mini browser. The cost will vary from data session depending on how much each web page has in features. A text only website will have less data requirements than one with graphics associated with it. Be smart by purchasing a Vision/Power Vision data package starting at $15.00/month.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.