Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Razr Issues

Photogal1966

Feb 22, 2006, 3:42 PM
A couple of questions regarding the Razr V3.

Why is it that when I have my Bluetooth headset linked to the phone, my ringtones don't ring? I just get a default ringtone.

And MobiTV is skippy on it. Any way to fix that?

Thanks!
mistercrinkles

Feb 22, 2006, 4:44 PM
The headset problem sounds more like it's the headset, or it may be activating a different profile in the phone that's not using those ringtones.

The MobiTV will be skippy, the Razr can't record or playback video all that well.
WILLPHASE

Mar 31, 2006, 12:57 PM
THE PHONE MUST HAVE SOME SORT OF HEATSET ONLY FEATURE ON IT...CHOOSE THIS AND YOUR PROBLEM SHOULD BE SOLVED
KrazyJoe

Feb 22, 2006, 5:10 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but try and set the ringtone while your headset is linked to the phone. It may have a different ringtone setting for each instance.
MIKE3222

Mar 31, 2006, 1:07 PM
most bluetooth phones default to a different ringtone when the bluetooth device is attached. some you can change it on, most you cannot. there are a few (i know the lg 8100) that just play the tone regardless of bluetooth connection. most motorolas, i believe, will just play a default tone, if any tone, and the bluetooth will just beep in your ear.
colione112

Apr 6, 2006, 1:41 AM
The razr doesn't support "mp3 ringtones" when connected to a bluetooth headset.

As far as the MobiTV, the razr doesn't have the data speed to handle it, so it appears choppy. The only phones that can really handle the MobiTV (w600, 6682, ZX10, CU320) Some of the other ones may support it at the correct speeds.
Cunning_Linguist

Apr 6, 2006, 3:42 PM
Which is why you should get a Nokia 6255I, which will play whatever ringtone is on your phone. Plus the removable memory is better, etc etc etc..
colione112

Apr 6, 2006, 9:37 PM
Or, you could wait for the i-Tunes razr to be released early next month ;)
celesticatfl

Apr 11, 2006, 1:25 PM
You have to figure though, that even at 'High Frame Rates' the video still has limitations of available cache memory in the device within which to load the videos/TV you're trying to watch. Maybe clearing the memory (photos, ringtones, games)will help with the refresh rate on your phone. If TV is that important to you. I get the same thing on my Nokia 6255. I don't complain though, because I expect that.If my TV did that I'd feel differently.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.