Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 6 replies

What Verizon phone meets my requirements?

guiri

Feb 15, 2006, 6:49 PM
Hi guys, I'm thinking of going with Verizon for the coverage but they don't seem to have the phone that I want.

I prefer NOT to have a flip phone but prefer the candy bar type.

I really DON'T need to carry music with me, don't really need a huge screen, NO cameras nor vcast and stuff, BUT, I would like bluetooth for a bluetooth headset and probably a phone I can hook up to my laptop so I can get on the internet.

What are my options? At verizon they told me it would HAVE to be a flip phone.

Thanks

George
Crookdale

Feb 15, 2006, 7:44 PM
For VZW, in order to have Bluetooth in the phone, you are most likely going to have to have all of the other features listed: camera, V-cast capable.

That being said, I would look into the Moto E 815. Its got Bluetooth, you can use it as a tethered modem for access to the web and the other features don't really get in the way of the basic functions of the phone. Plus it keeps dropping in price so it has turned in to a somewhat mid-range priced phone.

But thats just my two cents.
guiri

Feb 15, 2006, 11:15 PM
Thanks bro,

I realized I wasn't clear at first. I DON'T mind having the other features, I just don't need them so they're not a requirement but they won't really be in the way I think.

Thanks, I'll check into the phone. What gets me is that you've got all these hot phones but they're not verizon. Oh well...the search continues.

Besides, this is a few months away so maybe something else will show up, this said, I still haven't looked at the one you suggested 🙂

Thanks

George
guiri

Feb 15, 2006, 11:18 PM
I just looked at it but it's a flip phone and I didn't want a flip phone. Anything that's NOT that will work for me?

Thanks

George
KrazyJoe

Feb 21, 2006, 12:28 PM
Take a look at the LG VX9800. It's not a flip phone in the traditional sense. In phone use it's used candy bar style.
Wireless Consultant

Feb 21, 2006, 4:01 PM
The blackberry 7130e has what you are looking for.

http://wirelessconsultant.net/ »
guiri

Feb 21, 2006, 4:03 PM
Thanks bro,

It does seem to fit the bill. I'll check into it. Mind you, I'm still a few months away from getting anything so something else might show up but this seems to fit the bill. I guess I wish I could get something slimmer 'cause I really dont' need all the fancy stuff but hey, it's better than nothing, right?

🙂

Should you see something else come out, I would appreciate another post here.

Thanks Joe

George

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.