Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Is Verizon's 'crippled' BT immune to bluesnarfing?

the answer is 42

Jan 23, 2006, 1:35 AM
I've never complained about Verizon crippling the bluetooth because I recall the ScreenSavers show on techTV where these individuals demonstrated bluesnarfing. See the link:

http://loosewire.typepad.com/blog/2004/08/welcome_to ... » ...

Does anyone know if Verizon bluetooth is truly immune to this? I tried the Verizon board, but I think a tech needs to answer this.
Don.Mike

Jan 26, 2006, 6:49 PM
i've talked to a tech about this, and they confirmed with me that verizons implementaion of bluetooth will prevent this activity. not necessarily people getting into the phone, but making calls or sending texts (bluesnarfing) or downloading your data (bluesnatching), same as how you can't use your bluetooth to get your pocket pc to dial out, or send your phonebook to another hardware.
the answer is 42

Jan 27, 2006, 3:38 PM
Thank you, I appreciate you looking into this. I don't mind the 'cripple' so much when I know why and that it's patching a potentially big security problem. Now, if we can get Microsoft to take a hint from Verizon and do something about Outlook...
Don.Mike

Jan 27, 2006, 4:33 PM
definately.
dave73

Feb 7, 2006, 1:59 AM
The Nokia 6256i isn't immune to blesnarfing since it has full bluetooth. If you have bluetooth enabled on that phone, then it can get hacked.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.