Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Nextel service compared to Verizon

Rottie25

Jun 1, 2004, 1:34 PM
can someone tell me how Nextel's service is compared to Verizon's? Signal, dropped calls, reception?

Thanks
MarkF

Jun 1, 2004, 2:38 PM
Rottie25 said:
can someone tell me how Nextel's service is compared to Verizon's? Signal, dropped calls, reception?
Thanks

If your in a major metro area you will probably find that they are pretty much equal. As with any wireless providers, there are no perfect ones out there. Where NEXTEL works Verizon may not and where Verizon works NEXTEL may not. Your best bet is to ask those you know who have NEXTEL how their service is. Asking here would be difficult as we don't know where you are.

If your not in a metro city area you should stay away from NEXTEL as their phones don't roam to anyone else and aren't as built out as the other national carriers.

You can check on their website by zip code to ...
(continues)
Tabrez

Jun 1, 2004, 3:49 PM
I have a Motorola V400. If u talk on that phone more then 90 seconds the phone screen goes blank. It becomes totally dark. Is that a problem with my phone? Is there anything i can do to fix it?
NeumZ

Jun 1, 2004, 9:22 PM
you can start by creating a new thread
Rottie25

Jun 1, 2004, 10:53 PM
Thanks alot Mark for the feedback. I am located in the New York City area.

However, i do go upstate New York in the summer (Sullivan County)and I am wondering if Nextel would work up there.

It's about 100 miles from the city.
VZWCustServ

Jun 2, 2004, 4:11 AM
Call nextel, give them the zipcode, ask what the coverage looks like. Then call verizon, give them the zip code. Ask the same thing.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.