Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

TDMS vs GSM Which Is Better?

cowphone

May 28, 2004, 4:08 PM
🙄 I currently have CDMA phones and I am considering switching to GSM phones with AT&T or TDMA phones with Verizon. Which in your opinion is better?
justpeachy

May 28, 2004, 4:14 PM
Verizon doesn't use TDMA, they use CDMA. And by asking that question, you're going to get the various sellers of different carriers into a pissing contest! lol about which one is better, and blah blah blah. GSM really sucks in my area, but that doesn't that GSM is inferior to CDMA. You really need to ask people living in your area about their service, where it works, where it doesn't, etc. Regardless, I'd pass TDMA by. It's outdated and has nowhere to go, GSM and CDMA are the way to go. 😈
towermonkey

May 28, 2004, 4:54 PM
cowphone said:
🙄 I currently have CDMA phones and I am considering switching to GSM phones with AT&T or TDMA phones with Verizon. Which in your opinion is better?

Oh yes, indeedy, give me some of them nonexistent Verizon TDMA fones! 🙄

You want outdated TDMA equipment & substandard yet overpriced service, by all means go with Centennial Wireless - 2/3 of all the numbers that I've ported since Monday (about 15) were Centennial. That ought to tell ya something.

Cingular & AT&T both used TDMA in the bad old days, but they've been doing a GSM overlay the past couple of years. If you live in a mid-to-large sized city, GSM & CDMA will pretty much have the same coverage (with some exceptions). If...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.