Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Verizon Network Help

q31

May 20, 2004, 4:53 PM
I'm not new to the cell phone world, but I'm not really clear on a few things. I've been an ATTWS customer since 98 and was pretty happy with it. Then I became a Verizon user and I really don't like it cause of the ****ty phones. I was looking over all of the nokia phones, in my opinion the best phone maker around, and I found a phone that runs on all the correct CDMA and AMPS systems to work with Verizon, but since the phone is not an apporved phone by Verizon, is it possible to get it activated and working on their network? Any help would be great.

Robert
VZW Tech2

May 24, 2004, 12:00 PM
If the phone does not have VZW software in it, it will not activate. All carriers have a lock in the software so it cannot be used on another carrier. And if you were to unlock it, get it activated, you still wouldn't be able to send text msgs or gt a msg waiting indicator. Unfortunatley, the odds are against you.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.