Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Question!

cingular77

Nov 4, 2005, 11:45 AM
Is there any way, to use a wireless card on your pc (NOT laptop, but PC)? If so, what would I need? Also, what is it SPECIFICALLY called? 😕
cingular77

Nov 4, 2005, 11:46 AM
Oh yeah when I say wireless, card I'm referring to like an EDGE or HSDPA card and not WI-FI, even though a combined one would be nice, you know one that could support HSDPA and WI-FI. Thanx!!!!!!!!
Vox Dei

Nov 4, 2005, 7:14 PM
I don't know if any companys in the states have these but we have physical wireless modems that sit outside your computer and you plug into the computer. They are usually used for mounting in trucks (like semi's) but you just plug it in to your phone with a USB cable....Dunno if any companys in the states have something like this.
blackberry187

Nov 17, 2005, 5:51 PM
Just use a quicklink and use your phone as a modem. You just have check to make sure your phone is compatible and get the software. We sell both the software/quicklink for phones that have these features.
MarkF

Nov 11, 2005, 6:27 AM
There are PMCIA converters available to allow connection to a desktop. A trip to the CompUSA website should answer your question. 😉

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pro ... »
baristakid

Nov 15, 2005, 12:39 PM
If nothing else, PCMCIA runs on the same technology at Smartmedia cards. This will take some pondering, but it should be possible to convert the signal into a mock media card and then you could just run it through a card reader. I'll work more on this and let you know if I come up with anything.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.