Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

USA Wireless Calling Surpasses Wireline Calling

iloveMOTOV300

Sep 14, 2005, 5:40 PM
Hi nextel18!!! :-) How are you, my friend?! Thanks for the cool info. I am not at all surprised to see that cell phones are used more than landlines. Everywhere I go I see people talking away on their cell phones. I used to be like that, but because of my tight budget I had to change my plan to the lowest T-Mobile plan: 20 dollars a month. I use my land line more now than my cell phone. But on the weekends I have 500 minutes of wireless calling with T-Mobile and so I use that. I love my small plan. Most people spend 80 bucks a month on their cell phone bill, but I only spend 20!! :-)

Peace out!

-Moto
nextel18

Sep 15, 2005, 4:24 AM
i am great!!! welcome 🙂

i am not suprised either, i just wanted to just put it out there to see what others had to say on this matter. i think wireless will continue to dominate this telecom industry and the wireline industry will start to diminish.

too bad cell phone coverage isnt 100 percent everywhere or else landline businesses would be in trouble.
sammy2

Sep 19, 2005, 12:06 PM
Yes this is a trend for some time. Colorado in fact has about 60% 911 calls coming in from wireless. The problem is multifold under this scenerio. The call may not go through, it may get disconnected midcall, they may not be able to understand your speech, or the 911 call center may not be able to identify where you are located if you can not tell them.

Obviously if you do not have a choice use your cell phone in an emergency but I would use a landline given a choice.

I also think that the increase will develop into increased frustration since we all know that cell phone clarity and dependability is lacking compared to landline.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.