all discussions

show all 5 replies

Touch Screen are less Reliable?

sciconf

Sep 3, 2005, 4:49 PM
Do they break easily?
stevelvl

Sep 5, 2005, 12:03 AM
if you are concerned about the touch screens breaking then i recomend you go with the treo 650 and sprint service. sprint offeres tep (total equipment protection plan) which includes esrp (extended service and repair plan) and erp (equipment replacement plan) with the treo 650 the key board and screen are repairable in store. if it is not fixable or lost/ stolen then you can pay 50$ and lockline will mail you a new device.

you could also go with either the 6600 of the 6700 on sprint service as well but those are not part of sprints repair program.
flatlandinpunk17

Sep 5, 2005, 2:46 PM
ok i had a customer tell me that if the screen messes up on a treo sprint will not replace it nor will lockline. just going on what a customer told me because his screen went bad...
stevelvl

Sep 5, 2005, 4:02 PM
flatlandinpunk17 said:
ok i had a customer tell me that if the screen messes up on a treo sprint will not replace it nor will lockline. just going on what a customer told me because his screen went bad...

sounds like there is a lot of info missing on what you just said. was it a treo 300, 600 or 650? what does he mean screen went bad? liquid inside the lcd? a huge crack donw it? pressure break?

you cannot go by what customers say i have sean it a million times the customer has a pressure break on the screen (the lcd is cracked and bleading but there is no break in the screen) they go in the store the store looks at it and says "this is not covered under warentee" cust denies any knowlage of how it happ...
(continues)
flatlandinpunk17

Sep 5, 2005, 4:10 PM
a spot formed in the upper left hand corner of the screen how i dont know how or why but they said insurance wouldnt cover it... i dont really know all the details in the situatioin. but it was a treo 650 and i saw the phone and saccording to the customer would not be fixed and insurance would not cover it so they came to me looking to buy another one and signup with a different carrier... i dunno just going off of what a customer said to me.
stevelvl

Sep 5, 2005, 8:10 PM
yes i have seen what oyu describ many times it is a result usually of a drop or some kind of side impact to the corner. it is covered by insurance but the custoemr has to tell insurance there phone is damaged. many customers think sprint is stupid and try to convice sprint that they woke up and it was like that.

but with the new esrp that strated sep 1 that is covered by sprint and can be fixed in store. if it is a repair store. i have already fixed several treo 650s my self

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.