Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Mobile Banking Capabilites for your smartphone

jmsmith

Feb 9, 2009, 10:36 PM
Hi-
I am a Management Info Sys major at a Philadelphia university & am in my final semester of my Senior year. My capstone project has to do with creating a mobile banking application for smartphones... and one member of our team is actually being trained by his job to program applications for iPhones.

My question to all of you is- what would you like from a mobile banking application? For example- you'd obviously want to be able to check your balance... but what else? Any suggestions- no matter how tame or how outlandish are welcomed.. this is part of the "market research" portion of the project. Thanks in advance!!! :help:
-JMS
ac4321

Feb 10, 2009, 12:38 AM
One that works- simply that it works. Little to no noticeable load time. Cut out the excess junk and make it elegant and easy to see/use on a small screen. Cut out the fancy programming and make it something a phone browser will read.

Half my banking sites take forever to load and are too jumbled on their regular site on my home computer. I shudder to think what their mobile versions look like.

Minimalism really is ideal for banking sites for me.
JaydenW

Feb 10, 2009, 4:06 PM
balance, activity, the ability to make transfers between accounts, and bill pay.
lxav06

Feb 14, 2009, 11:41 AM
i have a credit union that lets me do all that BUT activity, which i would love to have. plus i like that fact that for transfers into checkings my balance is available for immediate use. which i found out that at least bank of america does not have.
Victasmiff

Feb 13, 2009, 5:41 PM
Check ordering, ability to change/update your address, starting a loan...
lxav06

Feb 14, 2009, 11:42 AM
good idea but do you really want to send your personal info over the air like that?
lxav06

Feb 14, 2009, 12:28 PM
My credit union has mobile banking, the only thing missing is a view of my accounts activity.
so i can transfer from account to account, view my current balance available vs total (pending trans) and of course this availabe 24/7.
when i had chase bank it had text to phone info but no wap/ mobile banking site and i would see it not useful at all for the reason that even if i did transfer monies, it was not available for immediate use.
so the reason i stay with my credit union is immediate acces to what ever i deposited the same minute, only one time overdraft fee nor none of this a week later and get smacked with another "fee" ( you been overdraft for 14 days), or fees for balance under a set amount, no mothly maintenance fee (which i th...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.