Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 14 replies

DROPPING CINGULAR NAME-- WHEN??

Fonstalk P Bogerty

Dec 5, 2006, 3:14 PM
I was under impression this was going to happen soon...so far no changes I have seen.
So question is when do purported marketing expense savings begin to show.

If they do drop name won't they have to spend big bucks informing customers?

When is all this supposed to happen?
frankiewawa

Dec 5, 2006, 3:30 PM
its suppose to happen tonight at midnight. the new AT&T
Fonstalk P Bogerty

Dec 5, 2006, 3:51 PM
Thanks for that useful information...

Next time save the wear and tear on your brain and don't respond...

I own T and want to get a sense of when we see some of these supposed savings...
heyheyhey

Dec 5, 2006, 6:37 PM
its not supposed to happen until next year
frankiewawa

Dec 6, 2006, 10:22 AM
you asked a dumb question and you got a dumb response.
Fonstalk P Bogerty

Dec 6, 2006, 11:13 AM
A. Nothing dumb about the question
B. Please dont waste time with your supposed wit.

I have not seen:

Any change in signage
Any change in billing
No Notice on the website
Any reorganization
Any change in logo on phones

SO when is all of this supposed to happen...

When will they let consumers know that cingular is now AT&T.

As an investor these are questions that go to the root of the supposed savings discussed by CEO and others..

Not stupid...but I can see from your other posting that you think you are witty.

You are not.
frankiewawa

Dec 6, 2006, 12:56 PM
well that makes sense. if you are an investor. but seriously, I am hearing it could take up to one more year. 1st quarter of 2008. not sure how accurate that is, though.
ATT Wireless

Dec 6, 2006, 1:53 PM
The Merger with AT&T Inc and BellSouth has not yet been cleared. It is tied up right now but it should be done by March/April if everything goes smoothly, then the rebranding will start: first with BellSouth, and then Cingular. So I would look for Cingular going away as early as Q2 2007 or as late as Q1 2008.

One thing for sure: The Cingular brand is in its last days.
frankiewawa

Dec 6, 2006, 2:03 PM
yeah I heard the same thing. should be interesting...
colione112

Dec 23, 2006, 1:24 PM
This was supposed to be completed by March, but with the delay by the gov. who knows...

Corporate stores were recently re-merchandised, so it has begun. If you go into a corp store, count how many times you see the Cingular name. In my store it's 5. It used to be everywhere.

We've been told what to expect. First internal sites, documents and whatnot will be changed, then the inside of stores will be complete, and the final step would be changing signs, website, and logos on bills.

The timeline may be different now, but the steps are the same.
ts5671

Dec 23, 2006, 1:51 PM
I am in the Carloinas market and we have yet to see any name changes or even hear of them, what market are you in?
colione112

Dec 23, 2006, 2:28 PM
38. We haven't had att's name show up anywhere yet, but the in store merchandising was changed a few months ago. ALOT more blue and ALOT less of the Cingular name.
chocolateman85006

Dec 23, 2006, 9:16 PM
A rep told me that they were going back to At&t
chocolateman85006

Dec 23, 2006, 9:16 PM
mid next year
colione112

Dec 24, 2006, 12:34 AM
thats true. It was supposed to be done by the end of March, but it may be pushed back a little while due to the delay of the att/bellsouth merger.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.