Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 6 replies

best carrier in 5 state denver area

sammy2

Jul 16, 2004, 12:01 PM
I have been a Verizon customer for years even through frustrating times. I am about to update the phone and I believe it would be wise to at least consider the carrier options.

I will need solid tri-mode service and good coverage in the five neighboring states (Wyoming, Kansas, Dakotas, Utah).

In general Verizon coverage is good in the region but I am unfamiliar with the competitors coverage. I currently have a 1000 minute plan.

I am aware that Verizon has just acquired the Qwest network so coverage may improve again.

Opinions appreciated.
southwestcomm

Jul 16, 2004, 4:34 PM
I doubt the Qwest network purchase will expand the coverage for Verizon in the areas you listed. Qwest had the worst coverage in UT.
poohgirl

Jul 16, 2004, 6:12 PM
When I drove through CO 2 years ago Sprint had NO coverage in the eastern flats. I had no signal until I was in Colorado Springs.
CRCinOklnd

Jul 17, 2004, 12:46 PM
Maybe try looking at "Mountain Wireless" at:
www.MountainWireless.com.
Also if you haven't done it already, put out your question in the forum's of The Wireless Advisor... www.wirelessadvisor.com. Bill Radio from Mountain Wireless frequent's that site so you may get some answer's there. Good luck!!
vzwguy1276

Jul 17, 2004, 5:05 PM
Here are the markets that will be effected by VZW buying all of Qwest's equipment.

Southwest

Phoenix, AZ

Tucson, AS

Prescott, AZ

Flagstaff, AZ

Albuquerque, NM

Santa Fe, NM

Nogales, NM

West Rockies

Salt Lake City-Ogden, UT

Provo-Orem, UT

Boise-Nampa, ID

Idaho Falls, ID

Twin Falls, ID

Pocatello, ID

Lewiston-Moscow, ID

Billings, MT

Bozeman, MT

Great Falls, MT

Helena, MT

Missoula, MT

Butte, MT

East Rockies

Denver, CO

Colorado Springs, CO

Fort Collins-Loveland, CO

Grand Junction, CO

G...
(continues)
shagVZW

Jul 18, 2004, 8:14 AM
wyoming: ATT,cingular and nextel do not have coverage in wyoming with sprint barely some in laramie and verizon covers about a fourth to a half of the state in digital.

dakotas: att, cingular do not have service while sprint and nextel have some service near sioux falls, fargo and grand folks. verzion has by far the best coverage in the dakotas and i know we have been expanding there all year long.

kansas: verizon covers wichita, emporia, topeka and lawarence and up the east border. nextel somewhat the same. att has service in wichita and cingular has the same as verizon and nextel with a little bit wider areas.

utah: att covers salt lake city, ogden and logan. cingular none. nextel has salt lake city and highway north to logan and...
(continues)
phonepimp3376

Jul 19, 2004, 11:04 AM
Shag... where are you getting your info? Cingular has pretty good coverage in WY,covering the majority of the state including Gillette, Casper, Rock Springs and Cheyenne. Dakotas we cover most major areas including Grand Forks, Fargo and Bismark in ND and Pierre, Rapid City and Sioux Falls in SD. Utah we cover Logan, Provo, Ogden, Salt Lake City, Richfield and Cedar City.

Based on July 2004 Nation GSM coverage map.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.