Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Verizon going to Wal-Mart?!

kara56

May 30, 2006, 9:27 AM
I know Wal-Mart started selling Verizon INPulse, but I received a new Wal-Mart ad the other day, and it listed the VX-8100 on a post pay plan for $48.88 starting June 19. 😲 Is this going on at Wal-Marts everywhere?! And is it because RadioShacks don't carry their service anymore? I was completely devastated when I read this ad and I hope to GOD it's not true...Anyone else heard anything about this?!
evilbstrd666

May 31, 2006, 5:52 PM
Yeah, this rumor was being passed in early November, around the time they announced they were leaving RS.

I seriosly doubt Wallyworld will replace RS in number of sales....
Don.Mike

Jun 1, 2006, 9:41 AM
they started carrying contract plans/phones (here at least) months ago.
aemsafd

Jun 1, 2006, 10:15 AM
Do they actually sign people up, or is this the cash and carry/activate at home process that WallyWorld is so famous for?
Don.Mike

Jun 1, 2006, 11:04 AM
i think the latter, but i am not sure.
colione112

Jun 8, 2006, 1:22 AM
They actually sign people up just like any other agent... ppd's are activated at home though.
warlock2010

Jun 8, 2006, 1:29 AM
i think after a few months and millions of calls into VZW cust care things might change, hopefully VZW will put corp employees in wal-mart like circuit city and home depot!
warlock2010

Jun 8, 2006, 1:26 AM
it's true wal-mart will be selling VZW postpay at 75% + of there stores. I'm not sure which is worse... radio shack or wal-mart when it comes to knowledge or products and services!
dave73

Jun 8, 2006, 8:30 PM
warlock2010 said:
it's true wal-mart will be selling VZW postpay at 75% + of there stores. I'm not sure which is worse... radio shack or wal-mart when it comes to knowledge or products and services!

They're both terrible, but I see Wal-mart being worse. For those who go through Wal-mart better know how to do certain things by themselves, including learning how to use the phone. For me, I only go to VZW corporate stores because of Radio Shack screwing me over on my first contract, one agent was more interested in selling me a car alarm than a cellphone since VZW was a side for them, and another one sold more discontinued phones than new, with an arrogant fat guy who knew little about the service. At least...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.