Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Which Service To Get?!?!

sammyp

Jul 8, 2004, 1:07 PM
I currently am a T-Mobile user. I am extremely unhappy with my service. The phones are horrible. The service isn't the greatest, but bearable. The phones I have used you have to yell into the phone. I haven't got a new service because T-Mobile keeps promising new phones and people have told me that T-Mobile is superior. Is Sprint a better line?! I know that the phones are better. What are some thoughts?!?!
rbowman1234

Jul 10, 2004, 8:36 AM
What area are you in and do you know what service options you have?
sammyp

Jul 10, 2004, 11:04 AM
I live in the Minneapolis MN area and have Sprint, VZW, ATT, Cingular all my limits of choices.
rbowman1234

Jul 11, 2004, 8:28 AM
Well, sprint as an all PCS service is pretty good, especially with nationwide coverage...as long as you stay in the heavy MSA corridors. leave the big cities and main roads, and hello roaming. ATT isn't bad, but their markets are pretty scattered. VZW and Cingular are pretty comparable. Cingular has rollover and not quite sure how the CS is. VZW has spotty CS and changing your calling plan resets your contract.

Hope that helps.
muchdrama

Jul 11, 2004, 11:59 AM
rbowman1234 said:
Well, sprint as an all PCS service is pretty good, especially with nationwide coverage...as long as you stay in the heavy MSA corridors. leave the big cities and main roads, and hello roaming. ATT isn't bad, but their markets are pretty scattered. VZW and Cingular are pretty comparable. Cingular has rollover and not quite sure how the CS is. VZW has spotty CS and changing your calling plan resets your contract.

Hope that helps.
Verizon has spotty CS? How do you figure that? And if you're in the same promotional period that you signed your contract...you can change your plan as much as you want with no penalty.
rbowman1234

Jul 11, 2004, 2:58 PM
Yes, VZW has spotty CS. I never knew if the rep i was going to be talking to was going to be helpful or not, or even tell the truth or not.

As far as not resetting while still in the promo period, again, incorrect. I just had to fight to be let out of a contract that was supposed to be over but had gotten extended for a pp change 1 mo into it and the change back 1 mo after that.
lilgabe1

Jul 11, 2004, 4:17 PM
Who in your mind then has the best customer service?
muchdrama

Jul 11, 2004, 9:52 PM
lilgabe1 said:
Who in your mind then has the best customer service?
Tmobile. 😉
rbowman1234

Jul 12, 2004, 7:38 AM
The best consistently? US Cellular. Everybody else has good CS as long as you get the right rep. If you don't, good luck.
tomweston713

Jul 12, 2004, 12:49 PM
NO COMPANY SEEMS TO HAVE GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE .... GO TO THE STORES THE SERVICE IS BETTER.
phonepimp3376

Jul 12, 2004, 12:52 PM
Exactly the reason why when a phone leaves me, it has my number programmed into it, I let them know I am a call away, and I will be their personal customer service rep. I hate trusting my customers to someone who knows nothing about them or their account. Although many Customer Care reps are very knowledgeable, I feel that it's my job to take care of my clients.
rbowman1234

Jul 12, 2004, 2:27 PM
phonepimp3376 said:
Exactly the reason why when a phone leaves me, it has my number programmed into it, I let them know I am a call away, and I will be their personal customer service rep. I hate trusting my customers to someone who knows nothing about them or their account. Although many Customer Care reps are very knowledgeable, I feel that it's my job to take care of my clients.

Wish more retail agents had that attitude. the majority just try to get thier commision and get them out and leave us to sort out the mess.
disturbed1

Jul 12, 2004, 2:43 PM
That's actually a damn good idea!!! I wish more service reps were that personal. Seems like everytime I've had a problem with any carrier I end up calling the main number, sitting on hold (sometimes wasting precious minutes depending on the carrier) and then not getting a damn thing done. And God forbid I should call the store where I bought my service. The people there hardly ever want to help unless they can get some green out of it.
tomweston713

Jul 12, 2004, 3:14 PM
we here at att wireless in chelmsford mass, pride ourselves on great service. even after the sale
phonepimp3376

Jul 12, 2004, 3:47 PM
Hey neighbor!

Cingular RSCK in Avon MA here!

😁
tomweston713

Jul 12, 2004, 3:48 PM
hey dude whats up hows cingular doing these days??
phonepimp3376

Jul 12, 2004, 4:02 PM
Doing great here! Looking forward to welcoming you folks to the family.
muchdrama

Jul 12, 2004, 5:43 PM
phonepimp3376 said:
Holy crap you're nice! I wouldn't give my personal number out to George "Dubya" Bush. But I do tell them to come back and see me in my store if they have a problem they can't figure out.
stevedp86

Jul 12, 2004, 4:16 PM
I would definitely say Sprint, VZW, and Nextel are the best and T-Mobile, AT&T, Cingular are worst.

If you want a kick-ass phone, go with Sprint. If you want some nice phones and great service go with VZW and if you want the Push-to-Talk and good service (but no roaming) then get Nextel.
tomweston713

Jul 12, 2004, 5:22 PM
i say verizon is arrogant and we get a lot of ports in to att wireless from them. our coverage in new england is fast approaching theirs and we cout less for more.. hmmm beat that. sprints coverage has a lot of growing to do.. and nextel, expenssssiiivvveeee.... i have been very happy with att and once the merger goes thru with cingular, watch out competitors!!!!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.