Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Anyone have any problems with the Black RAZR V3?

blusdrmr

Mar 30, 2006, 5:38 PM
I purchased an unlocked Black V3 in November '05. I started having problems with it in January. The speaker started distorting likeit was cracked, the Bluetooth connection would drop frequently, the phone would turn off and reboot in mid conversation and, of course, because it was an unlocked Cingular branded phone and I am using it on SunCom, the browser would never work. I sent it in to Motorola in February and they returned it "supposedly" repaired but it was damaged by thier technician who did the "repair". The front display was scratched from underneath and the houseing was scratched as well and they sent it back locked. I called the and fussed but decided that it would be too much of a hassle to send it back again. I had it all o...
(continues)
D-Mobile

Apr 3, 2006, 10:25 AM
Well it is a Motorola. Second, they are probably not repairing the phone but sending you a crappy refurb that someone sent back to them. If their repair dept. is anything like their productions and engineering dept. then just be ready for the phone to suck. Good luck man
crxtreme89

Apr 19, 2006, 4:10 PM
OMG, that is a funny story man. Sorry about your situation. I have had nothing but good luck with them myself. I will forward this to Motorola and see what they say about this.
kmcfarlin

Apr 20, 2006, 3:00 PM
I have noticed on my RAZR V3c that whenever the memory gets full the phone starts freaking out. maybe that is the problem for you.
miss_leading

May 3, 2006, 2:59 PM
a good way to fix memory problem is to do a master reset. it won't erase any of your information, pics, or phone numbers. it will only help to get everything back in order in the phone and it'll put your wallpapers and ringers back to default so you'll have to set them back up. but give this a try:

menu
settings
initial setup
master reset
put in 000000 for the password when prompted
your phone will power off then on and you're done.
celesticatfl

May 4, 2006, 4:55 PM
we have started leting our customers know that if they use the Bluetooth to only use the controls on the earpiece once connected. The RAZR tends to lock-up and do strange things. The only way to clear it is to a hard reset and it will clear all the memory.
crxtreme89

Apr 19, 2006, 4:11 PM
Sent.
blusdrmr

May 3, 2006, 2:42 PM
Thanks.

I did get the phone back recently (a NEW one, not a refurb) and it is working fine. They even set the browser properly so it will work with SunCom. I had to jump through some hoops to get it done and raise some hair but they took care of it.

My beef with them......if you are going to be in a telesales job or customer service....SPEAK ENGLISH, or at least have a good idea of the English language for cryin' out loud!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.