Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Wireless Inside Info?????

seriouswirelessgsm

Mar 20, 2006, 8:18 PM
Hey, I used to work for T-Mobile, and here's some inside info:
1. Smart Access: Thank God they are throwing away the ignorant Smart Access Rate Plan, which was meant to "increase" subscribers for shareholders, but that plan was so retarded, because 75% of those consumers would never pay their bills. BTW, Smart Access is a rate plan for people with no credit or bad credit. This rate plan would cut off your cellphone if you went over $150.00 on your bill, and it restricted the rate plan options to only 1000 minutes.

2. If you live outside a metropolitan area, do not get T-Mobile, especially Blackberry's, Siemens and Sony Ericssons...

3. Sidekick: OMG, please do not waste your money on this, unless your company's paying for it or you int...
(continues)
SprintBGN

Mar 21, 2006, 7:57 AM
smart access isnt all bad...
colione112

Apr 9, 2006, 10:45 PM
Is that kinda like Cingular's Go Phone?
Chappy412

Mar 22, 2006, 2:35 PM
🙄

Who is feeding you this crap?
spacealien

Mar 22, 2006, 6:23 PM
1000 mins for 150$?? ripoff!
crxtreme89

Mar 25, 2006, 1:13 PM
spacealien said:
1000 mins for 150$?? ripoff!

It's not 1000 Minutes for $150. He meant that if you go over your minutes on Smart Access and your bill reaches $150.00 after overage, they shut your phone off until you pay the $150. Smart Access isn't all bad. It gave us the opportunity to still sell a postpaid account to someone with no credit or bad credit without having to pay $400+ for a deposit. (sometimes) Verizon works fine in Colorado which is not all Metro by far. And why is Rollover a hoax exactly?
LGCIN2D

Apr 8, 2006, 8:23 AM
Cingular Rollover is a great selling point and good in specific cases, however no matter what carrier you are with, no one is going to purchase a plan that they think they will be using more the the plan include minutes every month or at least semi-regularly anyway.
colione112

Apr 9, 2006, 10:47 PM
I agree... we have alot of seasonal businesses in our area, and it works great for them.

Winter time they aren't really busy, so they rollover minutes. The summertime comes around, and guess what, it's their busy time of the year. Sure they go over their minutes, but the rollover balances out, and they don't pay overages.

This is one really good example. 🙂
WILLPHASE

May 5, 2006, 6:07 PM
no retard its a spending limit!
guido1869

Apr 7, 2006, 1:06 PM
many of sprints plans cut you off at $125, at least they did when i worked there 6 mos ago
Jennyboo

May 20, 2006, 1:53 PM
There are only a couple credit classes which only give you a 125 spending limit, most of Sprint's credit classes (with deposits) have a limit of 150 now.
Whitehorse

May 5, 2006, 11:09 PM
I also worked for BellSouth Mobility/Cingular, & currently work in another segment of the wireless industry...

1. Smart access is something in-between prepaid & postpaid & fills a need. The only problems occur when the customer does not understand what they have purchased.

2. Tmo's coverage is metro & interstate. If one needs service in towns "not" served by an interstate, one should stick with Cingular or Verizon.

3. "I've sold so many, and I always tell my customers that they will be back in a few months with a problem with it." Sidekicks have problems, caused (imhlo) mainly by the amount of usage. If that's what you were really telling your customers instead of tips on how to care for their device... 🙄

4. I have more rol...
(continues)
miss_leading

May 6, 2006, 6:43 PM
I agree with everything you just said. seriouswirelessgsm is just bitter about something and obviously doesn't understand that different people have different needs for their wireless service. i sincerely hope that he/she isn't working for a wireless company, or any other customer service based industry for that matter, any longer.
miss_leading

May 6, 2006, 6:43 PM
I agree with everything you just said. seriouswirelessgsm is just bitter about something and obviously doesn't understand that different people have different needs for their wireless service. i sincerly hope that he/she isn't working for a wireless company, or any other customer service based industry for that matter, any longer.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.