Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Discontinued Sanyo MM9000?

Sirlawrence

Jan 18, 2006, 1:59 AM
I've heard that Sprint is already discontinuing
the Sanyo MM 9000. Can Phonescoop or anyone else confirm that?? What will replace it??
This seems like such a great phone and I was goint to purchase one at the end of the month.
Why would they do that? This phone just came out and it has almost everything that you would want in a phone and more!!
crxtreme89

Jan 26, 2006, 1:34 PM
Welcome to the world of cell phones. 🙄
bulldog52

Feb 2, 2006, 11:45 PM
call sanyo and ask maybe they could tell us all cause they havent told sprint anything
look2today

Feb 3, 2006, 12:14 PM
sanyo 9000 is already discontinued. sprint did so about a month ago. sanyo 9100 will replace it in, i believe, may. i got that info when i was working at sprint from a technician--they know the phone's e.o.l. and what'll be replacing it.
Sirlawrence

Feb 3, 2006, 2:42 PM
Thanks for your reply!
I wonder why it's discontunued so soon, and
how the replacement going to be improved ?
I also see that Verizon is now offering
modem hookups on their phones for no additional fees.
cellphonefreak

Feb 4, 2006, 8:07 PM
The real actual reason it was discontinued with sprint is because, the 9000 is now the new ESPN phone. ESPN bought the rights to that phone, and sprint is waiting on the 9100.
Sirlawrence

Feb 4, 2006, 9:21 PM
Thanks for your reply! I think that I'll wait
for the new 9100! Please let me/us know when &
if you hear!
dubbs419

Feb 6, 2006, 1:47 PM
Another phone that is being discontinued is not the IDEN's i930 but Sprints 940. Due to slow release time part cause of EV-DO network and the merger that it is so far behind already (even though released in end of Oct.) that there already discontinuing it and there just selling of the rest in stores or converting the ones in warehouse for parts.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.