Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

One last question about LG VX8000

Salx22

Jun 13, 2004, 7:35 AM
Just because EV-DO isn't being launched nationally until 2005, does this mean that the phone itself also won't come out until 2005? Will the phone come out this year? Thanks in advance!
towermonkey

Jun 14, 2004, 10:33 AM
Salx22 said:
Just because EV-DO isn't being launched nationally until 2005, does this mean that the phone itself also won't come out until 2005? Will the phone come out this year? Thanks in advance!

I understood that LG wanted the phone released for the Xmas 2004 season. That would make the most sense, since it would make a good gift for a techie, etc. Verizon may have testing issues, though, like with the V710/810/840/XXX.

EVDO is already out in Washington DC & San Diego, plus the phone can still use the 1X network if need be. EVDO is backwards-compatible with earlier 1X technology, so when it DOES go out nationally, there will already be a user base out there ready to roll when they throw the switch.
Michael Knight

Jun 14, 2004, 11:18 PM
I too await this phone. But since I have TMobile and Verizon, I'm not in any particular hurry to go spending the money for the top of the line phones for BOTH any time soon :p
seriy

Jun 16, 2004, 3:31 AM
IT's coming soon! 🙂
VzwEScAgent

Jun 20, 2004, 2:19 PM
I work For Verizon Wireless and i have seen any new news on that model i know they have a luanch date but nothing on the phone itself will update and research it for you

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.