Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 5 replies

No Analog for RAZR???

Emoto

Dec 29, 2005, 1:10 PM
I was taking a hard look at the new RAZR for Verison, but when I looked at the specs, I see it is listed (on this site, anyway) as having the 2 digital bands only, and no analogue band.

This completely rules out the phone for me because I don't intend to stay int he city all the time.

Does anyone know if they will come out with a tri-mode version?
dca

Dec 29, 2005, 2:37 PM
GSM model of RAZR will never have an analog band because it's a digital only solution, T-Mo never had it (analog) and Cingy's getting rid of it... RAZR for CDMA is out because I believe it supports high-speed data (1xEVDO) which eliminates it there...
1techguy

Dec 29, 2005, 2:50 PM
Are all Verizon EV-DO phones lacking Analog?
dave73

Dec 30, 2005, 5:33 AM
Nearly all of Verizon's flip phones lack analog, especially the Samsung lineup. There will be fewer tri-mode phones released each year until it's shutoff completely. I believe the Nokia 6256i is the only new flip phone that's tri-mode. Motorola phones have been known to be tri-mode, but the 6256i & the Motorola V276 are tri-mode. I could be wrong on the number of tri-mode phones, but it's getting harder to find them. The Razr V3c is going to be an all-digital phone for all carriers. So I don't see Motorola releasing a tri-mode version. Besides I don't believe analog would work with an internal antenna phone.
bchillnphx

Dec 29, 2005, 3:01 PM
US Cellular has the razor that has analogue
bchillnphx

Dec 29, 2005, 3:08 PM
I stand corrected, the razor has no analogue!! Sorry for the wrong info 🤭

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.