Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

Selling used cell phones online - advice or experience?

smithco1

Nov 13, 2005, 3:24 PM
My wife is convinced that we should sell our old cell phones that we still have online to one of these cell buyers I guess you'd call them. I'm not so convinced that we'll ever get any money. We do not have a digital camera so we can't really sell on ebay. Have any of you ever used one of these services where you mail them your phone and they send you money? Our phones still work but we got new ones for our new every two. This site has a bunch listed but not sure which my wife was looking at. http://www.whobuyscellphones.com
smithco1

Nov 13, 2005, 3:25 PM
Sorry the link didn't work-
http://www.whobuyscellphones.com »
usnwife

Nov 13, 2005, 5:27 PM
Hi
You do not have to have a digital camera to sell on Ebay. Just find a picture of the model of phone and give a really good description of the phone. I sell my phones all the time and buy them from other people.
Ebay would be the safest way to go follow allthe rules and read the polocies.
sonyluver30

Nov 15, 2005, 6:35 AM
USNWIFE is definitely right on this one. That would be the safest & only way I'd do it. Because if you send the phone 1st; you are really taking a HUGE risk. Everyone isn't honest. Sad; but true.
socallocal

Nov 22, 2005, 7:59 PM
If you have had the phones for 2 years already, then I would recommend looking on ebay for the going rate of your particular phone. I don't know what amount you are hoping to get for your phones, but after 2 years I can't imagine getting more than 20 bucks depending on the model of the phone. I try to sell used phones on craigslist to people that lost theirs, but it is pretty rare that I am get enough out of it to really make it worthwhile. Wal-Mart lets you donate old phones to battered wife shelters and the like. Not profitable for the pocketbook, but good for the soul.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.