Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 12 replies

AUDIOVOX CDM8900 vs. LGVX6000

carl8727

Apr 14, 2004, 9:16 PM
Any opinions would be helpful... I like the 8900 but it just isnt loud enough. My g/f has the LG and hers is blasting I love it.. ring wise... but LG has no speakerphone I heard. I like the camera on both but the 8900 has a much crisp and clearer screen. I know the 8900 has 128 Flash memory which I dont know what the LG6000 has. Which phone has more memory for storing ringtones and pictures. I hear the 8900 has better reception... but then i hear the LG has better.. but more dropped calls. Just wondering if anyone can list some really really good things about each phone... and some really really really bad things about each phone.. its important.. i only have 10 days left to return the AUdiovox 8900. thanks
muchdrama

Apr 14, 2004, 10:42 PM
carl8727 said:
Any opinions would be helpful... I like the 8900 but it just isnt loud enough. My g/f has the LG and hers is blasting I love it.. ring wise... but LG has no speakerphone I heard. I like the camera on both but the 8900 has a much crisp and clearer screen. I know the 8900 has 128 Flash memory which I dont know what the LG6000 has. Which phone has more memory for storing ringtones and pictures. I hear the 8900 has better reception... but then i hear the LG has better.. but more dropped calls. Just wondering if anyone can list some really really good things about each phone... and some really really really bad things about each phone.. its important.. i only have 10 days left to return the AUdiovox 8900. thanks
(continues)
carl8727

Apr 14, 2004, 10:47 PM
Thanks yah I kinda agree... my girlfriend likes mine for the looks better and its neat then when I take a pic with 8900 closed my face shows up in front screen in black and white.. but anyway maybe you can help me with the main points..
VX6000 vs. CDM8900

Reception Quality which is better digitally.. (not considering analog)
Battery Life... cause I know the 8900 doesnt seem to have a great battery span even if its on standby
ALSO
Memory for storing pictures and/or ringtones.. which is greater or better... cause my girlfriend on her LG 6k can record songs in a voicememo crystal clear and make them her ringer but I cant on the 8900. Those 3 things are my main concer for which phone i decide to keep or return... thank everyone I hop...
(continues)
muchdrama

Apr 15, 2004, 2:48 PM
carl8727 said:
Thanks yah I kinda agree... my girlfriend likes mine for the looks better and its neat then when I take a pic with 8900 closed my face shows up in front screen in black and white.. but anyway maybe you can help me with the main points..
VX6000 vs. CDM8900

Reception Quality which is better digitally.. (not considering analog)
Battery Life... cause I know the 8900 doesnt seem to have a great battery span even if its on standby
ALSO
Memory for storing pictures and/or ringtones.. which is greater or better... cause my girlfriend on her LG 6k can record songs in a voicememo crystal clear and make them her ringer but I cant on the 8900. Those 3 things are my main concer for which phone i decide to kee
(continues)
carl8727

Apr 15, 2004, 3:46 PM
muchdrama said:
Yeah, well...I don't really pay attention to those kind of things. I just want my phone to have great reception (check), great voice quality (check), and text messaging and data services that are reliable and fast (check). As to the other points you mentioned, if these are things that the 8900 does better...that's the phone you need to get.

Well if you dont pay attention to those things then why did you answer. and also... how you said "if these are things that the 8900 does better...that's the phone you need to get."

I dont know if the 8900 does these things better... thats the point of me posting in this forum.
muchdrama

Apr 15, 2004, 5:54 PM
Look, you're the one that's had the 8900 for the better part of a week. Give ME 4 or 5 days to play around with a phone...and I'll be able to decide which does what better. You can check with pretty much ANY phone geek (and that's a term of endearment) and they'll tell you the LG is a superior phone. The way I should have worded it was "if there are things you like better about the 8900, then get that phone, not the 6000". The 6000 IS the superior phone in regards to the things I hold sacred...reception, sound quality, messaging and data services.
carl8727

Apr 15, 2004, 8:18 PM
Yah thats nice I did have the 8900 but how can I compare it to the LGVX and see if it has those things IF I DONT HAVE AN LGVX6000. Get the point. Anyway I returned the 8900 tonight and got the LG6x much better phone.
justpeachy

Apr 16, 2004, 10:49 AM
excellent choice. I much prefer that phone myself 🙂
muchdrama

Apr 16, 2004, 1:44 PM
carl8727 said:
Anyway I returned the 8900 tonight and got the LG6x much better phone.

I'm glad YOU got the point. Don't be so damned rude.
xaosengine

May 21, 2004, 10:52 PM
alot of people say that the audiovox is better because its a trimode phone and it has a speaker phone bolth where the 6000 is lacking, but I always felt that audiovox makes their phones very cheaply although out off all the phones I have sent out audiovox's have the least complaints and our techs seem to see those least for repairs.
JDigital

May 22, 2004, 2:00 AM
I think they are both nice, but both of the benefits of the Audiovox aren't really that big a deal as far as I am concerned, and I have had both of them... Tri-mode is not really a huge issue for me or most people, unless they live or travel in very rural areas. I'm a big fan of speakerphone, but the Audiovox's is a pretty weak one and I never used it. It's too quiet to be really useful.
towermonkey

May 24, 2004, 4:01 PM
I like the VX-6000, myself. I find that it's loud as hell, sturdy, fits the hand very well, and holds a signal like you wouldn't believe. Some of the Audiovox phones have been OK, but they make me nervous. I saw a lot of 8600s with display problems.

There's a reason the VX-6000 is LG's CDMA flagship phone, IMO. I only hope the VX-7000 & VX-8000 are as good.
muchdrama

May 24, 2004, 5:36 PM
towermonkey said:
I like the VX-6000, myself. I find that it's loud as hell, sturdy, fits the hand very well, and holds a signal like you wouldn't believe. Some of the Audiovox phones have been OK, but they make me nervous. I saw a lot of 8600s with display problems.

There's a reason the VX-6000 is LG's CDMA flagship phone, IMO. I only hope the VX-7000 & VX-8000 are as good.

With the success of the 6000, I'm sure LG recognizes the importance of the 7000 and 8000. And you're right about the 6000 tenaciously holding a signal. As for the Audiovox brand...I'm leery too.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.