Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Any new phones coming out for verizon or cingular?

homeslice5484

Jun 19, 2005, 9:29 PM
Im very picky about my cell phone. I like the smaller style phones. Verizon has large phones while I like their service. I currently have cingular and i have a crappy phone (samsung e317 which was just discontinued). I was wondering if verizon will have any new SMALLER phones coming out? Cingular service is not good in my area. If verizon isnt and cingular is, i might be able to handle it with a new phone for a while.
comptr

Jun 21, 2005, 3:28 PM
don't leave cingular all of the phones on verizon are junk. 👿 i am planning to switch to cingular. 😁 go on ebay and get a new phone. cingular has a better phone sellection and with verizon phones always drop calls. do not get verizon. it will cost more and they always screw up bills. 👿
homeslice5484

Jun 21, 2005, 9:35 PM
my step mom has verizon and has never had any problems. I on the other hand lose a signal constantly since i live close to the border and my phone volume sucks. Any suggestions?
chovaleoni

Jun 22, 2005, 12:46 PM
There is a cool phone now available on the Cingular website - the Samsung p207. The only thing bad about it is that you can only purchase it online - it is not in stores. In other words, if you have to ship it back...they won't allow you to exchange it at a store.

If you rely on your cell like me - this is not a viable option.

I've had good luck with Cingular - but I agree that their phone selection seriously lacks. A bunch of crappy Motorollas in ugly clunky styles.

Let me know what you end up with - I'm deciding between staying with Cing or going to Verizon, too.

Good luck
swamp_donkey

Jun 22, 2005, 1:16 PM
Cingular has several new phones coming out soon, including the V3 Black in a few days, 2 more pda's, another couple samsungs, including the one that is like the motorola MPX, with a detachable screen and qwerty keyboard. You may also want to take a look at the S710 and the W600 which is coming soon, both of which are pretty bad@$$.
chovaleoni

Jun 22, 2005, 1:52 PM
nice! thanks for the tip! 😉
homeslice5484

Jun 22, 2005, 3:00 PM
The phones you listed, are they similiar size phones like the e317, but with better sound hopefully?
swamp_donkey

Jun 22, 2005, 4:21 PM
The qwerty MPX-alike is definately larger, but a phone replacing the x427 should be out soon. It does have external caller id, but I can't say for sure about clairity or volume.
homeslice5484

Jun 22, 2005, 5:38 PM
i guess ill wait and see what it looks like. Is it one of these new models they just released on the Phone Scoop website, are there any pics of it out?
swamp_donkey

Jun 22, 2005, 5:43 PM
No, it's not on the website yet, and I have yet to see any official pictures, but from what I understannd it will likely look similar to the P207, albeit a little scaled down. Most of their phones look pretty similar anyway.
homeslice5484

Jun 22, 2005, 8:38 PM
thanks, my bro offered to add me onto his sprint plan for 25.00 a month. I wonder if thats a good idea or not. I very seldom travel and stuff. How is Sprint, anyone know?
colione112

Aug 2, 2005, 12:21 AM
i recommend against going with sprint.. they have a few cool phones, but their coverage seriously lacks.. why do u think they offer cheaper plans and cheaper features?

The value of your phone/plan/features equal nothing if you don't have the coverage to use them...
Rich Brome

Jun 24, 2005, 12:35 AM
homeslice5484

Jun 25, 2005, 10:53 PM
is the 217 going to be cingular? I would buy that one as long as the sound is better than this crappy e317 🙂
dorisall

Jun 25, 2005, 8:58 AM
For GSM users: Who cares who is releasing what. I just buy my phones from ebay, put in my sim and I am ready to go. Right now I have a Nokia 9500 and a Nokia 7280 with T-Mobile, everything works fine, plus I love to see tmobile clerks' faces while they are trying to top my phones with what they have.

As for CDMA: You'll have to get used to the bricks that cdma operators have.
swamp_donkey

Jun 27, 2005, 11:17 AM
Some phone are released exclusively to different providers. For example, the MPX220. You can buy that elsewhere, but it costs a great deal more, and there are customers with Cingular that may want that phone for a discount. The V3 is another example. And even better, the S710a. I don't think you can purchase that one unlocked yet. For some, the phone is more important than the company it is through. If you just put in another carriers sim, you will run into subsidy unlock issues.
jbinnyc

Jul 10, 2005, 8:59 PM
First, Verizon service is way better than Cingular almost everywhere! I do agree that Verizon's phone selection sucks!

I have been a customer with Verizon over 7 years & have always complain to them about their phone selection.

However, I just got the new Motorola E815. Now this may be a bit larger than your preference, but WOW! It's the best phone I ever had. The quality, feel, options, screens, all way too cool. Take a look. They will give you a great deal on it for making a switch.
homeslice5484

Jul 10, 2005, 9:01 PM
i was going to get the a670 but its been out for a while and everyone has it. I did like the e815 but its so tall, 3.7 compared to my 3.3 makes quite a difference, i just dont know. Maybe I will stop in and look around.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.