Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 7 replies

price drop on v710 on VZW... means something???

kountryjentleman

May 7, 2005, 7:49 PM
just looked at the price of the motorola v710 on verizon and it has dropped significantly. does this mean that a new better moto is coming out soon and they are tryin to clear out stock? if so, anyone know what phone?
shackguy

May 8, 2005, 9:55 PM
Yeah, the e815 is the 710 but with EV-DO (V-cast) and 40mb internal memory is due this month.

That means I should have waited 2 more months before I bought my 710 😡
Historyfreak

May 9, 2005, 8:08 AM
Prices drop on any phone VZW carrys over time. The V710 has been with VZW for about a year now and usually after about 12-15 months, the phones drop to about as low as they're going to get before they discontinue the model. But, frankly the V710 is one of the biggest headaches for us in customer service. It has been one of the least reliable phones sold, obscenely expensive for what you get, and a handicapped Bluetooth that has prompted class action lawsuits filed against VZW for false advertising of the Bluetooth capability. I'll be glad to see the model go the way of the dodo bird.
bnob99

May 9, 2005, 9:09 AM
I'm so sick and tired of people complaining about the bluetooth. Verizon never false advertised the feature. From day one it has only supported the headset and thats it. Everyone thinks just because alltel didn't put any restrictions on it, that we should too. The people that get their panties all tied in knots over the bluetooth are idiots, plain and simple. The V710 has been a great phone and I love the bluetooth headset.
Historyfreak

May 9, 2005, 10:19 PM
Hey, I just report what I've heard from people about the phone. Plus, it was already reported in the news a couple of months ago that New York state and Ohio were filing class action lawsuits regarding the Bluetooth issue. Now, whatever came of it? Dunno, it sort of disappeared, which sometimes indicates a nice out of court settlement.
kountryjentleman

May 10, 2005, 6:20 PM
original thread poster-
well i have a family member with the v710. he couldnt care less with the connection to the computer via bluetooth. he uses it with the headset and the motorola professional-install car kit. it works GREAT. he has not had one problem with the phone or the service for that matter.

but i dont want to start a fight with this. i was only wondering if there was a phone (other than the e815 or whatever) being released in the near future. to me, the world phone is useless because it doesnt haev bluetooth. i mean come on, if your traveling to foreign areas with gsm, ur probably a business man who has a bluetooth headset. it be logical to me...
dadler22

May 11, 2005, 1:16 AM
Yes, they are coming out with a new one, its found in some small unknown European websites, as a leak of information

As the guy before me said, they did limit the bluetooth on the phone, and it was somewhat renamed Aquatooth by the users.

And yes, its not a big deal to the inexperienced, and undemanding cellphone users.

As that technology on that phone gets older prices drop, it happens to most phones, when the demand is low, chances are they are trying to cell some of them off so they don't have such a overstock, i don't think verizon has any great Motorola to release right ofter they finally get rid of their over stock.

P.S. don't look forward to the next Motorola phone to not have "Aquatooth"
kountryjentleman

May 14, 2005, 8:02 PM
true that dadler

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.