Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 14 replies

New Blackberry on Verizon????

brucedb

Feb 27, 2005, 7:45 PM
I currently am a Verizon customer and travel about half of the month throughout the entire US. Verizon consistently has the best coverage in most areas. Now, here is my dilemma.

I want a Blackberry. Not the old (clunky) BlackBerry but the new 7100 series BlackBerry. I would have the best of both worlds, being able to use this device as a phone and also being able to retrieve my email (pushed). I know that the 7100 series currently offered is GSM and will not work on the Verizon network. For that reason, I am tempted to switch to Cingular and buy a 7100G. What I really want to know is there a 7100 series or another Blackberry on the horizon that I should wait for. I really don’t want to switch carriers and am willing to wait a few months, ...
(continues)
Aarynk

Feb 27, 2005, 7:49 PM
brucedb said:
I currently am a Verizon customer and travel about half of the month throughout the entire US. Verizon consistently has the best coverage in most areas. Now, here is my dilemma.

I want a Blackberry. Not the old (clunky) BlackBerry but the new 7100 series BlackBerry. I would have the best of both worlds, being able to use this device as a phone and also being able to retrieve my email (pushed). I know that the 7100 series currently offered is GSM and will not work on the Verizon network. For that reason, I am tempted to switch to Cingular and buy a 7100G. What I really want to know is there a 7100 series or another Blackberry on the horizon that I should wait for. I really don’t want to switch carriers and
(continues)
brucedb

Feb 27, 2005, 8:15 PM
Thanks for the reply. Verizon's 7250 is "big and clunky."
Aarynk

Feb 27, 2005, 8:23 PM
brucedb said:
Thanks for the reply. Verizon's 7250 is "big and clunky."

I totally agree
mnq99

Jul 7, 2005, 11:58 AM
Why not the Treo? Very stable and not clunky
insidescooppp

Jul 8, 2005, 3:51 PM
Not instant email...
mnq99

Jul 9, 2005, 9:11 AM
What do you mean by "no instant" email? you can set it up to work with POP accounts and Exchange servers...
pcrisp07

Jul 9, 2005, 9:32 AM
the 7100 series hasn't been that popular with the GSM side so I doubt that they will ever release a CDMA version I don't know of any on the horizon either, check with your company or business or whereever you work and see if mng99's suggestion about using the treo 650, I know that a lot of people use these because of the Email feature so check into it and see if it will work with your account.
Wireless Consultant

Jul 9, 2005, 12:39 PM
The new Samsung i730 is worth looking at.
ip1861

Jul 5, 2005, 9:41 PM
Any more news on when or if a 7100T like Blackberry will be offered by Verizon?
EUROCARLOV

Apr 3, 2009, 3:59 PM
I am a technology whore. I admit it. In fact, I'm considering joining a 12-step program to battle my addiction.

I got the BB Pearl on Verizon a little over a year ago and I have to say, for my purposes it is the best combined device. Small, pretty package, great BES/BIS email, push personal email, some apps coming out, all with a great size.

I too understand the dilemma with a big, clunky device. I have recently gotten the bug for a new phone, and one with even better technology, screen, appearance, etc.... In the last two months, I have gone from the Pearl, to an Iphone (yes, jumping ship briefly from Verizon), back to the Pearl on Verizon, then to the Storm, then back to the Pearl, and now currently back on the Iphone (jumping s...
(continues)
mellowlen62

Apr 3, 2009, 5:28 PM
The Blackberry flip is supposedly coming. Small, compact size, and has suretype as well. I'm rather fond of flips myself and hate the calculator size of most bb's.
wade496

Apr 4, 2009, 1:38 PM
think that maybe it was a little late to reply to the original post seeing as how it is over 4 years old. Thanks
GraGG

Apr 4, 2009, 7:26 PM
FAIL
prizbilla_babykilla

Jun 1, 2009, 7:39 PM
post from 2005 ftw! 😲 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.