Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Mini Instinct and Sprint Android

BigKippa

Jan 19, 2009, 12:04 PM
Seems the Instinct is getting a lot of love from Sprint. Just got word that Sprint is going to be making a mini-Instinct, call it the Instinct "nano" (just to put it in your minds eye), not sure what the name will be yet. From what I understand they will keep most of the specs the same, and offer it in more colors for the fashion concious consumer out there.

On top of that Sprint will be releasing their first Android powered phone in June in the form of.....guess what.....an Instinct case!!! I have heard rumors of a 5 megapixel camera and muli-touch capabilities, but not much else. This will make Sprint the first "major" carrier to carry an Android phone. Can't wait!!!

Hope everyone enjoys this preview of great things to come from...
(continues)
T-Monster

Jan 19, 2009, 2:04 PM
I'm not sure where your getting that sprint is the first major carrier to carry an android phone considering t-mobile was the first to carry one. but yes, sprint will be the first cdma carrier. i know the only motorola smartphone that is going to be released this year (1 of 12 handsets over all) will be android as well, but the carrier is unknown as of yet
BigKippa

Jan 19, 2009, 3:09 PM
Because T-Mobile is not considered a major carrier. The industry uniformly recognizes major carriers as their percentage share in the market, and having over 50 million subscribers. Sprint, Att, and Verizon are recognized as "The Big Three", not something I came up with on my own, it's just how it is.
tmo32

Jan 19, 2009, 4:55 PM
wow... new and exciting things for sprint, bit of an oxymoron don't you think. maybe good ol Dan should stop thinking that the android system is "not good enough" for them and put more effort into getting more care reps that can actually speak English... or maybe stop screwing people on their bills, or saying the phones not working because it needs to be "hard reset" and when they do and it still doesn't work they say it has water damage... should i continue?
BigKippa

Jan 19, 2009, 6:02 PM
yes please go on, I love when people make complete morons out of themselves. Cause T-Mobile is perfect!!! They have Great coverage, great call quality too!! Please!!! All I was doing was letting people know about some upcoming phones, and you brought your sword and started swinging. Get off this forum, its for people who want to know about phones. T-Mobile sucks, and apparently so do you.
BigKippa

Jan 19, 2009, 6:09 PM
p.s.
How is your 3G network coming along? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Oh my god...I need to stop laughing and get back to rolling out our 4g network!!!

oh you.....tmobile....3g.....you made my day comparing yourself to sprint. Now go sell a bedazzled sidekick or something.
T-Monster

Jan 19, 2009, 7:52 PM
Did I say t-mobile was perfect? no. and sprint is far from perfect, so shut your mouth.

and i'd rather sell a bedazzled sidekick than a spazing instinct. colorful sidekicks, that's called smart business. they found a niche in the market and filled it. what's sprints niche again? oh yeah, illegal aliens.

btw, how's those millions of customers you keep losing.

i'll be the guy flipping you off as you stand in the unemployment line, douchbag.
tmo32

Jan 19, 2009, 8:41 PM
nobody said t-mobile was perfect, every carrier has problems.....just not as many as sprint 🙂 getting a little defensive there huh, all i was doing was saying sprint has some issues to work out, i worked for them for over 3 years, so glad to be out of that mess.
tmo32

Jan 19, 2009, 8:37 PM
wow, so you actually believe there is that much difference from 3g and 4g? sprint must have thier hand up there pretty good huh...read some articles on 4g not sponsered by sprint, 4g is not going to change the cell phone industry despite what sprint is feeding you,and the t-mobile 3g network is coming along fine, my side by side comparison from my sony t506 3g phone blows away even the "AWSOME" instinct from sprint in web access.not to mention the handful of 3g devices (that do not require their own plan just to have one) that are coming out this year.i think sprint has more problems with losing more customers last year than any other carrier, prob cause they are one of the worst customer service companys of any industry. not my stats, just ...
(continues)
T-Monster

Jan 19, 2009, 5:02 PM
ok...this is news to me. in which case the "big three" would be vodafone, SK telekom, and t-mobile considering they dwarf every other wireless carrier in the world where the "industry" is concerned.
BigKippa

Jan 19, 2009, 6:11 PM
Obviously we are talking about the United States here.
-chels-

Jan 21, 2009, 2:42 PM
Haven't heard of anything, but that sounds like it would be pretty sweet

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.