Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Sprint or Cingular?

poohgirl

Nov 5, 2003, 8:00 PM
I have Sprint & just changed my plan to get more minutes. This extended my Sprint contract. Is there a way around this? I'm thinking of changing to Cingular, any input would be a huge help.
Mygel624

Nov 5, 2003, 10:23 PM
☹️ Sorry, I work for Sprint Wireless in CT, and can tell you for a fact that upgrading your plan extends your service contract. If your dead set on changing service, then you have to come up with cash for the termination fee.
mindshocker

Nov 8, 2003, 10:48 AM
yes look for another carrier, cingular has the worst customer service, sprint sucks because of all the restriction on their service.
mcfadonna

Nov 8, 2003, 3:24 PM
what restriction on sprint service? sprint has the most open network out there! My service works the same everywhere i go. Cingular you might end up on extended coverage area and get charged long distance and or roaming . I download free QCP. ringers WITH VOICES!on http://www.3gupload.com/index.php can youre cingular,att,verizon,t-moble etc phone do that? no cause sprint has the best phones. plus as im sitting here i see an add on tv for cingular and you get charged for sending pictures? you have got to be kidding. Verizon has the best coverage and cs. Sprint has the best phones and net service and a very good free and clear america plans. coverage is great and the calls are always clear.
NeumZ

Nov 13, 2003, 10:38 PM
most open network? what that means i dont know. also, cingular nation there are no roaming and long distance fees. check what you type before spreading proganda. their c/s is good but i have had some bad apple but i think you can find that at any company.
BEEPERDEPOT7

Nov 16, 2003, 10:29 PM
ALSO WITH SPRINT PCS CLEAR ACROSS AMERICA PLANS THEIR IS NO ROAMING ANYWHERE IN THE US. IF YOU ADD $5.00 TO YOUR RATE PLAN $35.00 AND ABOVE. IT ALLOWS YOU TO ROAM OFF VERIZON WIRELESS NETWORK FOR NO CHARGE!!!! GOOD LUCK I WOULD PICK SPRINT!!
kansasdoll20

Nov 18, 2003, 5:49 PM
This is mearly a matter of preference- if your looking for a cool phones with lots of options-your best bet is going to be sprint, however there plan options aren't that great, cingular however does have some great plan options but the phones aren't that eye catching. id say weigh your options. 🤣
rezurrectah

Nov 19, 2003, 6:03 PM
ATT phones beat them both by far!
spcssales

Nov 13, 2003, 10:06 PM
Depending on your market, when you go into a store, they may not extend your agreement unless your already out of contract. We are supposed to, but I dont believe in extending a contract just for a plan change if they are already under one. So next time, try going into a retail store, you may have better luck.
jrobinson

Nov 17, 2003, 2:45 PM
You posted in Rumor Mill bonehead. Go to crap/Cingular to post your question.
NeumZ

Nov 19, 2003, 11:49 PM
or crap/sprint too
Big Daddy

Nov 20, 2003, 8:54 AM
I would ask people who use both services in your area and if it comes down to a tie pick cingular because they have sms and sprint does not
dougc

Nov 20, 2003, 6:39 PM
On the other hand, Sprint will launch a straight up SMS in December, so you'll have a choice of that or their web based messaging.
Big Daddy

Nov 21, 2003, 8:55 AM
too late Sprint I already switched HA HA HA
braindamaged

Nov 24, 2003, 3:38 AM
Well, that is good.
If you had gone with Cingular, you would have made a big mistake.
In my area, AT&T has roaming agreements with Cingular, but Cingular Does not have any agreements with AT&T. So if your ATT GSM service does not come in, the Cingular service will (hopefully). With Cingular, you get only their network, no roaming over to ATT service.
Big Daddy

Nov 24, 2003, 8:32 AM
Went to T-Mobile and they ROCK in OKC 😁
congogrey

Nov 24, 2003, 10:41 AM
I have Sprint and I am very happy with the service. Where you live in the country will determine what carriers give you the best coverage. I just wish Nokia was back in the CDMA phones I want an N-GAGE so bad. 👿
Big Daddy

Nov 24, 2003, 10:45 AM
I liked Sprint somewhat when I had them, but I started hating not having SMS and I started hating flip phones, to me having a flip camera phone is a waste because you can look at the pictures you took
poohgirl

Nov 28, 2003, 2:58 PM
I SO agree I am happy with my Sprint service but I LOVE the Nokia phones & Sprint just doesn't have any cool Nokias! Sprint if your listening GET SOME COOL NOKIA PHONES!!!!
SPRINTPDAGUY

Jan 22, 2009, 5:44 PM
sprint!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.