Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 28 replies

I want to know what is the best carrier and why?

derosa0128

Oct 9, 2008, 7:24 AM
What do you think who is the best carrier and why do you think so?
OfAMightDivine

Oct 9, 2008, 12:00 PM
Rumor Mill = Rumors about new phones, carriers, etc.

So unless you want to know rumors about carriers, then this isn't the right spot to ask.
Hombre07

Oct 14, 2008, 10:38 PM
Look at it this way, any answer to his question would be a rumor.
X_MOSES_X

Jan 28, 2009, 5:02 PM
We sell Lg Rumord ๐Ÿคฃ
ulcards

Jul 3, 2009, 11:59 PM
It depends on what you want, you want the fancy phones then VERIZON would be your choice (COOLEST PHONES) until the wimax phones are released through sprint, you travel outside the US alot then ATT is the best worldwide (GSM), but if price plans are your choice then SPRINT is the best (CHEAPEST PLANS) so its your choice and as far as service goes get roaming included in your plan cause carriers can roam off other carriers towers...
yesVZW

Oct 10, 2008, 9:06 PM
You may as well ask who is the best presidential candidate. We all have our opinions and beliefs who we think is the best.
T-Monster

Oct 14, 2008, 7:11 PM
I've worked for/had each major carrier at one point or another, and this is what I can gather...

Verizon
Pro: Best reception, nice variety of phones
Con: Horrible customer service

Sprint
Pro: Approves everyone and their mother; shares Verizon towers for reception, 7pm nights
Con: Horrible customer service; constant billing problems

at&t
Pro: iPhone, roll-over minutes
Con: so-so customer service, roll-over minutes expire, no sense of customer loyaltee

T-mobile
Pro: Cheapest plans, best customer service, international friendly
Con: Worst reception
X_MOSES_X

Jan 28, 2009, 5:25 PM
If you worked for Sprint you must have worked for them a long..long....time ago ๐Ÿคจ .Let me put it into perspective.

Sprint no longer roams with Verizon, they roam with Altell who was recently bought by Verizon. On the other hand Sprint has the best prices and services hands down. The phone selection is getting better, but needs a little more improvement. Sprint's customer service was just rated the best in the industry via a market research report from Knowledge Systems & Research Inc.. They are one of the most reliable services for serveys. So reps from other carriers do not know any more about Sprint than I do about them. Plus, I love Sprint, they have come a long way since the merger with Nextel. BEST PRICES PER MONTH...BEST PRICES F...
(continues)
tylerrocks09

Feb 18, 2009, 2:53 PM
i have NO idea whee you got your info at, but Sprint still Roams off of VZW towers.
X_MOSES_X

Mar 2, 2009, 5:32 PM
RCR magazine. We do not have coverage in areas around Boone and Blue ridge mountains where Verizon does. If we roamed off of there network wouldn't we have the same coverage. YES we would. No Verizon and sprint rent towers that are already in place by companies who built them and want to profit off of a carrier trying to gain coverage in the area. It is sort of like when buying a domain name in the early 90's was for Companies. People would by up domain names like NIKE.com and BESYBUY.com so they would recieve a high bid for the name and make a huge profit. Since these companies bought the land put up a tower they own the coverage. Verizon has made a lot of deals with these vendors. we cannot roam off of the vendors without paying with a cr...
(continues)
thedish8204

May 6, 2009, 4:20 PM
One thing I will say for sure is Sprint's billing issues have declined dramatically. I know this for a fact. And the customer service is improving rapidly. Verizon's customer service is mean. I have never talked to a Sprint rep who acted as nasty as a Verizon or AT&T rep. But that is just me. Everyone has their own experiences.
NEPats726420

May 18, 2009, 9:16 AM
X_MOSES_X said:
Sprint no longer roams with Verizon, they roam with Altell who was recently bought by Verizon.

wouldn't that mean they roam with Verizon now?
drantin

Feb 11, 2009, 5:26 PM
of course, JD Power and Associates claims VZW's customer service is right behind T-Mobile's and well ahead of AT&T's...
skrischi

Mar 3, 2009, 2:46 PM
I think it really depends on what you want. I have had t-mobile and their phone sux and worst customer care EVER!!!!
The thing that I like about t-mobile and at&t tho, is that they take sim cards. So u can just get it unlocked and use any other sim card in it. For example, that helps out a lot when you go overseas. And you can just buy any phone online (german ebay.de) and just pop in ur Sim and u r good to go ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Scottie Bon

Jan 28, 2009, 3:47 PM
Verizon hands-down
Sprint_Pony

Jan 28, 2009, 9:16 PM
Why?
calvin80

Feb 12, 2009, 6:41 AM
How can one decide who s the best carrier and even give a reason for it ? All are competive enough these days ...and look at various options to satisfy the customer ...cant so easily quote one !
FrankOMCGee

May 15, 2009, 4:40 PM
but it was hands down...
girlsgotphone

Feb 15, 2009, 1:15 PM
Verizon has reliable service, they have a large coverage area for data and voice, I, personally, have never had a bad experience with their customer service (not doubting that it can happen though, people are people), their "self-serve" options are great, I can do everything from change my device, change my plan, change my features and a zillion other things online... and... they're the only carrier I know of who's insurance covers WATER damage!!! ๐Ÿคญ
T-Monster

Feb 15, 2009, 1:19 PM
T-mobile uses Asurion, same as verizon. Been covering water damage for years.
Sprint_Pony

Feb 15, 2009, 1:27 PM
Sprint also uses Asurion (I think AT&T does also), so we all cover water damage through the insurance.

www.phoneclaim.com
girlsgotphone

Feb 15, 2009, 1:40 PM
lol, sorry then, cause recently I thought Asurion had told me VZW was the only one. I must've misunderstood. ๐Ÿ˜•
Fredd

Feb 16, 2009, 10:39 AM
I will confirm tha tAT&T insurance covers water damage. In fact, the coverage is extremely broad - from reading the policy language, it ssentially covers anything that happens to the phone - does noto even exclude intentional acts (such as getting PO'd and throwing it against the wall).
skrischi

Mar 3, 2009, 2:38 PM
lol at&t uses the same!!! haha
brookie

Feb 17, 2009, 9:03 AM
Let me just say wow!
I work for Asurion and everyone covers water damage but stil there is a deductible! gosh dumb people!
skrischi

Mar 3, 2009, 2:38 PM
at&t covers water damage too!
FrankOMCGee

May 15, 2009, 4:43 PM
alltels phone isurance covers water damage, i would assume that other companies who use asurion also are covered. heard ATT VZW and SPRINT use their service.
Craft27

May 16, 2009, 5:08 PM
Actually guys, Assurion only covers Certain water damage. it is real vague on what that means, but I have seen water damage denied. I am now selling Alltel, but I have sold everyone for many years. The best Insurance you can get is with an extended warranty company called GWG. they offer a years coverage for a one time fee at 59.99, which is cheaper than paying monthly. the only downside is it is done by mail, but the turn around is 48 hrs. But when you consider that you can upgrade your phone with them if you pay the diffence it is awesome. I get a new Trio every time a new one comes out for about 120 bucks. and get this guys, NO REFURBS. Everything they do is with NEW PHONES. Break your phone, ok, here is a new one. not some piece refurb t...
(continues)
tmo32

May 17, 2009, 2:22 PM
well its all about the customer, all carriers have their own perks and downfalls. working for 2 major carriers for some time now i know that alot of customers feel like they are entitled to what ever they want just because they have service with that carrier but what they fail to realize is that they are the ones choosing to use that carrier and there are terms and conditions that are in thier contract and just plain commen sense, if you break your phone in half then how is that the carriers fault? if you downloaded 15 ringers and now your bill is $50 more how is that the carriers fault? im so tired of people expecting everything in the world, if you thraten to go to another carrier then go!!! its no different over there!!! but then there ar...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.