Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 23 replies

Push to Talk for Verizon?

phone girlie21

Jan 22, 2005, 7:06 PM
🙂 Hello everyone. I was just wondering if there is any Push to Talk phones coming to Verizon or should I just go with the LG VX 8000?? I've had the LG 6000 for a long time and its time for me to get a new phone. If anyone can give me anything that would be great.

Thanks
sunvzw

Jan 22, 2005, 7:11 PM
sorry phone girl we have a bad lag on that..no new phones with push to talk..but the lg 8000 is very nice with a speakerphone
nextel18

Jan 22, 2005, 7:53 PM
you are wrong again...
nextel18

Jan 22, 2005, 7:59 PM
hey phone, from what i have been hearing is that when verizon wireless rolls out their nationwide ev-do network they will start to roll out the push to talk solution and phones. there also could be some phones rolled out onto their older high speed data now.

you can do a phone finder on phonescoop and you can see that a couple of phones are tentative for verizon wireless. i will name some on here and you can see for yourself.

dont listen listen to that other person....

well here they are; https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p =427

https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=463 »

https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=470 »

https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=527 »

good luck.
wrlsinsider

Jan 22, 2005, 9:11 PM
rumor is something new p2t for vzw in feb 05
nextel18

Jan 22, 2005, 9:22 PM
yea, i think that is correct. i have read a lot of articles that verizon would wait till they launch push to talk again over the ev-do network. it is a smart idea to wait till they deploy it nationwide becuase push to talk will be a lot faster on the ev-do network then on the network they have now, obviously. the problem is will people switch from nextel or from sprint to go to verizon's push to talk service, we shall see, but i highly doubt it. the problem is...

anyway here is the phone model that will be coming out in feb 2005, however when i looked at the specs about it, it didnt mention the ev-do on there, but instead of the older network that they had.

so could that hurt their push to talk solution? time will only tell.
https:/...
(continues)
phone girlie21

Jan 22, 2005, 11:14 PM
😁 Thanks everyone. You guys helped alot. 😉 😉
nextel18

Jan 22, 2005, 11:20 PM
no problem, phone girlie. wish you luck with your new future purchase.

any more questions or concerns just ask becuase we, or atleast i, will try to help you out.

good luck.
doscal

Jan 23, 2005, 4:30 PM
Hey phone. Verizon has been in the works of re-launching there push-to-talk for a while now. Unfortunately, everyone from Verizon has been on the hush with most of the info. They're not even telling the regional reps exactly what's going on with it. To be honest the first time around the push to talk wasnt too impressive but considering how far they're falling behind in technology and the Sprint/Nextel deal it might be worth while this time. Regardless to what everyone is speculating about push to talk, Verizon isnt saying anything. You're probably better off just getting the phone that you want now. Plus Verizon is usually cool with early upgrades so u might still get a deal when they do release another push to talk.
muchdrama

Jan 24, 2005, 1:52 PM
doscal said:
Hey phone. Verizon has been in the works of re-launching there push-to-talk for a while now. Unfortunately, everyone from Verizon has been on the hush with most of the info. They're not even telling the regional reps exactly what's going on with it. To be honest the first time around the push to talk wasnt too impressive but considering how far they're falling behind in technology and the Sprint/Nextel deal it might be worth while this time. Regardless to what everyone is speculating about push to talk, Verizon isnt saying anything. You're probably better off just getting the phone that you want now. Plus Verizon is usually cool with early upgrades so u might still get a deal when they do release anoth
(continues)
doscal

Jan 24, 2005, 9:48 PM
My regional rep always told me flat out....i cant tell you, so im sure she doesnt know. To be honest I dont think Verizon knows what to do with the PTT situation. For as long as they've been talking about it relaunching I just hope its decent this time around.
chillin2345

Jan 26, 2005, 6:32 PM
After speaking with a PR rep at Verizon, apparently the story is that they're hesitant with their plans for Push to Talk. It hasn't performed as well as they hoped (number of subscribers and revenue), and they don't know what they're going to do with it in the future. But then again, I spoke with the PR rep in regards to PTT about 3 weeks ago so the story might have changed.
manoabugo

Jan 27, 2005, 5:09 PM
watch for feb 21st

thats all i can say 😎
scooter1

Jan 28, 2005, 8:20 PM
also watch for the new rate plans they are going to roll out.
Grantizzle

Jan 27, 2005, 5:31 PM
the PTT system for verizon BLOWS!!!! if you want the coverage, go with the 8000, if the PTT feature is nesscessary, buy nextel.
Aarynk

Jan 27, 2005, 6:04 PM
When they first brought the PTT out it did indeed "blow" but now that we have EVDO almost nationally now it should be a lot better I heard it is now under 2 seconds.
Grantizzle

Jan 27, 2005, 7:33 PM
your mother blows
Aarynk

Jan 27, 2005, 7:50 PM
Grantizzle said:
your mother blows

You wish
MarkF

Jan 27, 2005, 7:52 PM
Aarynk said:
When they first brought the PTT out it did indeed "blow" but now that we have EVDO almost nationally now it should be a lot better I heard it is now under 2 seconds.

I did a demo last month of the new and improved. Still took 4 to 6 seconds for the initial connection.
Grantizzle

Jan 27, 2005, 7:59 PM
nextel has the market cornered with the PTT thing as of now. even VZW field techs use Nextel for the superior PTT feature.
scooter1

Jan 28, 2005, 8:17 PM
Well I can talk from first hand I have the PTT with Verizon now and it works great in my area. I have the V60p and what I have found out is the people who use the v60p it has to have the updated software other wise you will have the delay. I had mine updated at the main Verizon store in about 20 mins and I have a dekay if you call it under a second from the time I talk until it is received on the other phone.
MarkF

Jan 29, 2005, 8:11 AM
scooter1 said:
Well I can talk from first hand I have the PTT with Verizon now and it works great in my area. I have the V60p and what I have found out is the people who use the v60p it has to have the updated software other wise you will have the delay. I had mine updated at the main Verizon store in about 20 mins and I have a dekay if you call it under a second from the time I talk until it is received on the other phone.

But it still takes 4 to 6 seconds for the initial connection. Still a far cry from NEXTEL's subsecond PTT connection.
seamus74

Jan 27, 2005, 9:06 PM
verizon was the next provider after nextel to have ptt. they brought it out in a couple of markets and it sucked. They had latency issues of about six to ten seconds between transmissions. but they wanted to have it out before their competitors, namely Sprint.
JD6321

Feb 16, 2005, 1:48 PM
Watch for the New Push to Talk with several new phones to be released over the next few days.... Very Fast connect times.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.