Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 125 replies

Sprint-Nextel ....

insidescooppp

Jan 11, 2005, 3:14 PM
I work for Sprint and this merger is the hottest thing going on in this industry... It's going to take 2 years, but Nextel's voice is going to be switched over to the 1900mgz CDMA and Motorola is building a new secure walky talky system and developing a new product for us to combine the walky service with our CDMA voice... It's going to be hot, as for our churn rate, we are focusing more on the business side, that's why we got Nextel, because they rock the business side of wireless... As for consumer, our satisfaction rate is only second to Verizon.. and its 70% to 73%... That TommyBoy guy doesnt know that we have over 800 new towers going up over the next 2 years, while turning Nextel's towers over to our secure PCS network... We're going ...
(continues)
littlefuzzbear

Jan 11, 2005, 6:59 PM
insidescooppp said:
I work for Sprint and this merger is the hottest thing going on in this industry.. trust me...

Haha! I needed a good laugh. You work for Sprint PCS. Second best customer satisfaction after Verizon (first laugh) ... trust me. Yeah sure. Just like I'd trust a used car salesman. 🙄

I know you're not prejudiced at all either
đŸ¤Ŗ
insidescooppp

Jan 12, 2005, 8:59 AM
I bet that you're an ahole... 🙂 I work on the business side... and that's a totally different story then the consumer side... We know we have issues with that... we aren't stupid... but theres 2 pieces to the puzzle... just you wait and see... you'll be eating your words...
littlefuzzbear

Jan 12, 2005, 9:26 AM
insidescooppp said:
I bet that you're an ahole... 🙂 I work on the business side... and that's a totally different story then the consumer side... We know we have issues with that... we aren't stupid... but theres 2 pieces to the puzzle... just you wait and see... you'll be eating your words...

If you're typical of what we can expect in customer care the company is in for a very rough ride. Sprint's abysmal customer care doesn't look very good if that's the case.

You speak very differently than most people who have had to deal with Sprint PCS. Most people who have had the "pleasure" to deal with Sprint PCS have a very different view of Sprint's "excellent" customer service. Most rate Sprint's custo...
(continues)
insidescooppp

Jan 12, 2005, 1:20 PM
how about you get out of the years 2000-2003.. when we had a ridiculous VP that charged our customers $3 just to talk to us... that's where we started to go down hill... that whole executive board is gone.. and things are only going to approve... Once again... our business customer satisfaction is one of the highest.. and ONCE AGAIN... I acknowledge the fact that our consumer side has had it's issues... We've gone thru great lengths to improve this, and it will steadily increase thru the year... the best thing is... is cell companies like Virgin mobile... and Qwest cellular and those companies get around 90% customer satisfaction... and they run off Sprints network... It's the people we've pissed off in the past that are bringing us down, as...
(continues)
insidescooppp

Jan 12, 2005, 1:24 PM
PS:

You aren't exactly calling in to talk to me about your account... it's not like this is a mirror image of what Sprint is... I'm defending my company because you're bashing it... Anyone who is passionate about their work would... so don't judge myself or Sprint because you've got some weird aggression that you satisfy by down talking everyone.. I've seen your posts before...
littlefuzzbear

Jan 12, 2005, 1:46 PM
insidescooppp said:
PS:

You aren't exactly calling in to talk to me about your account... it's not like this is a mirror image of what Sprint is... I'm defending my company because you're bashing it... Anyone who is passionate about their work would... so don't judge myself or Sprint because you've got some weird aggression that you satisfy by down talking everyone.. I've seen your posts before...

You can talk up your company all you like. Reality says that Sprint PCS has troubles with its customer care. Just talking like there's no problem is just pretending that there aren't any problems. There are. Qwest and Virgin Mobile do well because they've got their act together.
SprintKnowItAll

Feb 27, 2005, 1:05 PM
who gives a **** about customer service. how bout cakk quality and coverage which sprint is good in. i only care that my phone is working, why would you care more about customer service than acutal phones and quality of the signal. also how many companys out there have a really good customer service.....? yea there isnt many, so give sprints customer service a break they have come a long way since theyre automated system (Clara) so chill foool sprint is DA SHIBBY
thejason

Feb 27, 2005, 2:04 PM
SprintKnowItAll said:
who gives a **** about customer service. how bout cakk quality and coverage which sprint is good in. i only care that my phone is working, why would you care more about customer service than acutal phones and quality of the signal. also how many companys out there have a really good customer service.....? yea there isnt many, so give sprints customer service a break they have come a long way since theyre automated system (Clara) so chill foool sprint is DA SHIBBY

most people give a * about cust service. you don't call cust service unless you are: A) stupid and don't know what you're doing OR B) something is wrong with your service. The majority of people fit into the latter categor...
(continues)
arsimckhoi

Sep 26, 2007, 7:53 AM
coverage is great across the nation, you can argue fact in certain areas but what you can't argue is that when you call customer service is usually because you have problems with you bill... most bill related issues are because of proration (valid) and someone's 12 year old accessing the internet (valid) or not paying their bill on time. customer is pissed because they don't want to pay and that creates dissatisfaction so the lesson is pay your bills
jjb6004

Jan 12, 2005, 5:28 PM
whats up
littlefuzzbear

Jan 12, 2005, 1:43 PM
insidescooppp said:
how about you get out of the years 2000-2003.. when we had a ridiculous VP that charged our customers $3 just to talk to us... that's where we started to go down hill... that whole executive board is gone.. and things are only going to approve... Once again... our business customer satisfaction is one of the highest.. and ONCE AGAIN... I acknowledge the fact that our consumer side has had it's issues... We've gone thru great lengths to improve this, and it will steadily increase thru the year... the best thing is... is cell companies like Virgin mobile... and Qwest cellular and those companies get around 90% customer satisfaction... and they run off Sprints network... It's the people we've pissed off i
(continues)
insidescooppp

Jan 13, 2005, 9:28 AM
this is now... not the last 3 years... numbers are dramatically increasing... CDMA is more secure and reliable than GSM anyway... only advantage to GSM is international coverage... but Sprint's coming out with a phone that can use GSM over sea's... so we've got the most secure network within the US... and access to the intl network... Sprint will start focusing more on the consumer side after we are done with the merger... look at it from a business stand point.. do you think we'd want to put more energy into family accounts with maybe 2-4 phones on them... or business accounts with... well.. UPS has 100,000 with us Boeing 20,000, etc... What do you think fuzz bear? you're obviously a bright business man... :\
littlefuzzbear

Jan 13, 2005, 10:10 AM
It's obvious that you're a Sprint booster and devoid of any realization of reality. Keep your dreams. If you believe that ignoring your non-business customers is a good way to do business than more power to you.
insidescooppp

Jan 13, 2005, 11:45 AM
I'm not... you're just being an ass... and putting words into my mouth... I'm just saying there is more of a business focus at Sprint... and that things are changing... never once did I say what you just typed... đŸ‘ŋ
phone girlie21

Jan 16, 2005, 1:11 PM
😛 wow it sounds like your really know whats going on. Let me ask you this.. Are you in the board room where they make all the decisions? Are you the top guy? Because if not why should I listen to all this that you say? Its crazzeeee!! Thanks but thats all I have to say
insidescooppp

Jan 17, 2005, 9:49 AM
Finally a couple people with open opinions... Yea, I'm not in the board room I guess... but I'm well informated on how business is going for Sprint... 🙂 Sprint-Nextel is going to be where everyone goes for business service... and we have more capacity than any other network... Verizon is running out of room very quickly... in fact, a lot of their CSA's are closed... They will have to invest tons of money to open up more room.. and their prices will probably go up... Sprint has invested already and we are set for a long time... 😛
Stevo2k4

Jan 17, 2005, 4:48 PM
insidescooppp said:
... Verizon is running out of room very quickly... in fact, a lot of their CSA's are closed... They will have to invest tons of money to open up more room.. and their prices will probably go up... Sprint has invested already and we are set for a long time... 😛

Did ye notice, the new pplans today for VzW? 😉 Yeah, they're prices aren't going up... You could say they're going down, though it's not dollar amount down, you just get more bang for your buck.

~Steve
insidescooppp

Jan 19, 2005, 11:25 AM
hey Steveo... I guess that's why i said they will have to go up in the future when Verizon runs outta space in the next year or so...
sunvzw

Jan 20, 2005, 7:49 PM
verzion is not running out of room at all they are hoping to gain 20 percent this quarter with our new price plans.
southwestcomm

Jan 20, 2005, 10:07 PM
Interesting...

Verizon obviously can't bring in customers at the rate it wants touting the value of "the largest most reliable network" and needs to become a commodity vendor and play the pricing card....
sunvzw

Jan 21, 2005, 1:16 PM
CUSTOMERS DO NOT UNDERSTAND COVERAGE THEY UNDERSTAND PRICES. SO FOR US TO STAY IN THE GAME WE NEED THE BEST NETWORK AND THE BEST PRICES TO BE THE BEST
insidescooppp

Jan 21, 2005, 4:31 PM
You're talking foolish there Verizon babe...
nextel18

Jan 21, 2005, 10:58 PM
hahhaha, yea sun is. what a moron!!
heather_bo_beather

Jan 20, 2005, 6:33 PM
WRONG!!!!

I understand that you are a bit bias, I mean that much is apparant...

"Verizon, running out of room..."??? What does that mean?! This is an extremely competitive industry. Keeping in mind Sprint Customer service is ranked 2nd... this did come out of your mouth.

Have you picked up a Consumer Report lately.... Verizon is ranked #1 across the board... including net work, and cust service. They have hired over 400 employees in the past 6 months, expanding their call centers to keep up with their expanding business (Not to mention this is in the Wash/Balt area ALONE!) . Verizon has a ton of money, this is why they are able to invest $1 Billion dollars every 90 days on their network. I mean , c'mon!

When you thin...
(continues)
SprintXC

Sep 14, 2007, 6:53 PM
Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends. đŸ¤Ŗ
sunvzw

Jan 20, 2005, 7:47 PM
thats real funny being that our prices just droped conciderbly monday...and are set to be that way for a long time đŸ¤Ŗ
sunvzw

Jan 20, 2005, 7:43 PM
when that whole thing happened with cingular and att....att still owns that name and i read they are re constructing everyting...they will make a come back in 2 years or so about the time nextel finishes the merge with sprint "for business customers" well att is planing the same thing...business customers...they have a much better household name than sprint i am pretty sure they are goning to blow you guys out of the water..just my opion though. 😉
you will still have competiton even if you guys are not focusing on your everyday customers.
insidescooppp

Jan 21, 2005, 4:30 PM
and you're ridiculous to think that ATT has a good household name... and that's all I'm saying...
nextel18

Jan 21, 2005, 10:59 PM
att wireless has never had a good brand name. that is why att spun them off, and that is why att wireless' arpu, churn, sub additions are all terrible. EVERYONE HATES ATT WIRELESS!!!

i cant belive cingular waisted 41 billion dollars for att wireless. i would have liked cingular buying tmobile over att wireless, becuase tmobile is a lot better then them.
MarkF

Jan 22, 2005, 7:08 AM
nextel18 said:
i cant belive cingular waisted 41 billion dollars for att wireless. i would have liked cingular buying tmobile over att wireless, becuase tmobile is a lot better then them.

Cingular didn't waste 41 billion dollars. They got just what they wanted SPECTRUM!!! 800 Spectrum can't be gained by auction and 1.9 GHz Spectrum is very competative on the auction block. This was their main fucus on the purchase of AT&T Wireless.

They don't care about the consumers they gained and even less about the existing infrastructure. All that will change over the next decade.
muchdrama

Jan 22, 2005, 12:37 PM
MarkF said:
nextel18 said:

Cingular didn't waste 41 billion dollars. They got just what they wanted SPECTRUM!!! 800 Spectrum can't be gained by auction and 1.9 GHz Spectrum is very competative on the auction block. This was their main fucus on the purchase of AT&T Wireless.

They don't care about the consumers they gained and even less about the existing infrastructure. All that will change over the next decade.
Why do you even humor his stupidity?
MarkF

Jan 22, 2005, 1:30 PM
muchdrama said:
MarkF said:
nextel18 said:

Why do you even humor his stupidity?
(continues)
muchdrama

Jan 22, 2005, 2:31 PM
MarkF said:
muchdrama said:
MarkF said:
nextel18 said:

Why do you ev
(continues)
sunvzw

Jan 22, 2005, 6:53 PM
what the hell are you talking about? cingular sold part of there network to t-mobile the crap that they didnt want. att has held its own since the start of cellphones. i work for verizon but t-mobile, cingular and att are one big part of sbc. đŸ¤Ŗ
nextel18

Jan 22, 2005, 7:48 PM
what am i talking about? hahaha that inside guy said that att wireless doesnt have a good name, and i agreed with him. held its own? oh yea, terrible churn, terrible arpu, terrible quarterly subs, lawsuits against them, and other things, but they held their own? oh come on now the things that i have mentioned showed that they havnt held their own.

"cingular sold part of there network to t-mobile the crap that they didnt want."

hahaha. that was an idiotic statment. CINGULAR HAD TO SELL SOME OF ITS TOWERS AND SPECTRUM BECUASE THE FCC MADE THEM TO!!! dont be so stupid please.

"I work for verizon but t-mobile, cingular and att are one big part of sbc. "

tmobile, cingular and att wireless are part of sbc? what are you out of your mi...
(continues)
sunvzw

Jan 24, 2005, 8:02 PM
all i am saying is to remark on your dumb statement about cingular buying t-mobile.....how can someone buy back what they previsoly owned.....that would be pretty stupid to pay twice for the same thing...it seems to me you work for nextel have anyting nice to say about your own company? i worked for att for 3 years when lmp started... do you know how many people i ported from cingular? a lot because a lot of my customers hated the customer care.at cingular..mabe they should work on that before trying to own the entire cellphone industry. or a better idea lets see how many customers verzion gains this quarter because of the bad customer care cingular has had in the past or mabe present i dont know i hear the reception on the tdma end is falli...
(continues)
nextel18

Jan 24, 2005, 8:13 PM
"all i am saying is to remark on your dumb statement about cingular buying t-mobile.....how can someone buy back what they previsoly owned.....that would be pretty stupid to pay twice for the same thing..."

how was it a dumb remark? i was saying that it would be a better idea to buy tmobile instead of att wireless.. you mentioned that cingular owned tmobile? 1. prove it to me by providing links please. 2. if cingular owns/d tmobile then why didnt they keep them or buy them 100 percent outright? 3. if cingular owned tmobile , how come they didnt combine their systems and technology a long time ago?

lets just say that 1. i dont belive you. 2 you dont make sense that you said that cingular owned tmobile previously and 3. well you just d...
(continues)
sunvzw

Jan 24, 2005, 8:26 PM
well what i ment to say the other day..t-mobile is not a bad company just a small one...you have a right to perfer it over everyone elese but they still utilize cingulars once owned network....just like you probley ment to not to say cingular should have bought t mobile because that comment made no since either. now lets drop the subject.
nextel18

Jan 24, 2005, 8:42 PM
"well what i ment to say the other day"

like i said you are a complete liar and you dont know anythign about the telephone business.

1. tmobile has never been owned by any one but DT.

2. everyone on the gsm network ROAMS OFF EACH OTHER just like cdma companies roam off each other. it doesnt mean that they own each other.

3. "t-mobile is not a bad company just a small one" tmobile isnt a small company. it gets better growth , arpu, subs then att wireless. i wouldnt say that is a small company. no company that is in the top 5 or 6 is a small company in the wireless industry let alone any industry.

4. "you have a right to perfer it over everyone elese but they still utilize cingulars once owned network.." cingular's onced owned...
(continues)
sunvzw

Jan 24, 2005, 9:56 PM
t-mobile might have a diffrent name here but it orignated from voice stream in europe they didnt have the fcc approval here so they bought out part of cingulars towers put some new swiches in them and named it t-mobile.....for all of your "stupid" name calling and i am a "liar" you either read some bs on the internet all the time or just have no life and surf the web trying to educate yourself with a bunch of nonsince you will never really need to know in life.....but here we are aruging over it..so what i learned came from drilling from a t-mobile rep when i worked for them so i guess a trainer from t mobile if full of $hit and because you work for nextel you know everyting your majesty.
nextel18

Jan 24, 2005, 10:10 PM
"t-mobile might have a diffrent name here but it orignated from voice stream in europe they didnt have the fcc approval here so they bought out part of cingulars towers put some new swiches in them and named it t-mobile"

again. tmobile was named voicestream here in united states , however, when i looked for their history and tried to see anything about cingular i didnt!!! nothing.. all i saw was that it had roaming agreements, which again it doesnt mean ownership. they didnt buy out cingular's towers. they used and had roaming agreements of their network. again thats not ownership. you said that cingular owned tmobile (or voice stream back in the day) which is totally wrong!!!!

".....for all of your "stupid" name calling and i am a "...
(continues)
sunvzw

Jan 25, 2005, 1:17 PM
what ever you want to blabber on about is fine i can go on with this forever.....as in push to talk... to sell verzion push to talk sucks it alwalys will...we have a 2 second delay so any new phones that have it i feel bad for the customer buying it...when they can get the lg 8000 with a recorder and camera and speaker phone that is just as good even better than our push to talk and more features on their phone for less than the push to talk service and buying that ugly lg and kyocera phone with nothing other than push to talk..i fell bad for the customer...just because your company is big on direct connect that that is pretty much it....verzion has a lot more to offer than push to talk.. we have broadband service....txt...picture messages.....
(continues)
sunvzw

Jan 25, 2005, 2:30 PM
heres a fact for you also ...........
http://www.mobilephonediscuss.com/ »
Mobile usage statistics:

Q2 2003 mobile phone sales
Q2 2003 mobile phone sales up
Q2 2004 mobile phone market shares
Reasons for mobile service dissatisfaction
Record number of mobile phones produced in 2003
Ringtone market generated over $1 bln in 2003
Ringtones to generate $721 mln in Western Europe in 2008
Russian mobile penetration to reach 68% in 2006
Saudi Arabian telecom market to enjoy growth this year
Smartphone market to experience explosive growth and grow at 44% CAGR
Sotovik: Russia has 30 M cell phone users
Strategy Analytics: Camera phones outsell digital cameras
Taiwan handset market, H1 2003
The most hated cell phone operator - T-Mobile...
(continues)
nextel18

Jan 25, 2005, 2:51 PM
"and do not throw in the new ev-do network nobody knows if that is going to make our push to talk any better....."

well it will. with a higher packet data, with lower capacity restraints, and with lower latency, it should improve push to talk on the DO network.

"
what ever you want to blabber on about is fine i can go on with this forever.....as in push to talk... to sell verzion push to talk sucks it alwalys will...we have a 2 second delay so any new phones that have it i feel bad for the customer buying it...when they can get the lg 8000 with a recorder and camera and speaker phone that is just as good even better than our push to talk and more features on their phone for less than the push to talk service and buying that ugl...
(continues)
sunvzw

Jan 25, 2005, 3:00 PM
HERE IS MORE PROFF ON YOUR T-MOBILE AND SBC DEBATE....AND YES SBC ALLOWED T-MOBILE TO BUY OFF SOME OF ITS TOWERS...HERE IS THE AGREEMENT THEY BOTH SIGNED.....
http://dis.puc.state.oh.us/dis.nsf/0/D5709BF6D621E9B ... »
sunvzw

Jan 25, 2005, 3:04 PM
DO YOU NEED MORE PROFF OR AM I STILL AN IDIOT AND A LIAR.......... đŸ¤Ŗ
nextel18

Jan 25, 2005, 3:08 PM
you are an idiot and a liar when it regards to ownership of cingular and tmobile. with towers it would make sense anyway, and i kind of hinted when they roam off each other they usually use their towers anyway so buying the towers wouldnt be a bad thing...
nextel18

Jan 25, 2005, 3:10 PM
this is what you said : ".....for all of your "stupid" name calling and i am a "liar" you either read some bs on the internet all the time or just have no life and surf the web trying to educate yourself with a bunch of nonsince you will never really need to know in life"

what is kind of funny is that YOU ACTUALLY LOOK AT STUFF FROM THE INTERNET ALL THE TIME AND YOU HAVE NO LIFE TRYING TO PROVE SOMEONE WRONG WITH A BUNCH OF NONSENSE THAT YOU WONT EVER NEED TO KNOW IN LIFE...

so i will flip the scrip on you and you are a hypocrite.
sunvzw

Jan 25, 2005, 3:13 PM
HEY I JUST HAD TO PROVE A POINT.....YOU WERE WRONG SO I FOUND PROFF FOR YOU TODAY. 😁
nextel18

Jan 25, 2005, 3:16 PM
i wasnt wrong. i said that there could be some tower swapping and things of that nature, i never doubted that becuase thats how carriers work also with roaming agreements.

but you are still wrong about that cingular owns or used to own tmobile just becuase tmobile owns and leases cingular's towers.
sunvzw

Jan 25, 2005, 3:22 PM
WHO CARES WHO OWNS WHAT T-MOBILE IS NOT EVEN A REAL COMPANY. LIKE I SAID THEY FREELOAD OFF OF EVERYONE ELESE
sunvzw

Jan 25, 2005, 3:26 PM
WHO THE HELL TO YOU THINK IS GOING TO GET A CALL OUT FIRST IN THE EVENT TO NETWORK IS BUSY WITCH HAPPENS A LOT ON GSM....T-MOBILE OR CINGULAR CUSTOMERS? I DONT THINK CINGULARS IS GOING TO PUT THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS BEFORE T-MOBILES..
nextel18

Jan 25, 2005, 3:34 PM
"WHO THE HELL TO YOU THINK IS GOING TO GET A CALL OUT FIRST IN THE EVENT TO NETWORK IS BUSY WITCH HAPPENS A LOT ON GSM....T-MOBILE OR CINGULAR CUSTOMERS? I DONT THINK CINGULARS IS GOING TO PUT THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS BEFORE T-MOBILES.."

wow another stupid thing to say.
nextel18

Jan 25, 2005, 3:34 PM
"
WHO CARES WHO OWNS WHAT T-MOBILE IS NOT EVEN A REAL COMPANY. LIKE I SAID THEY FREELOAD OFF OF EVERYONE ELESE
"

what a stupid thing to say. all companies that are gsm, cdma, roam off each other thats the point with roaming agreements.
sunvzw

Jan 25, 2005, 3:36 PM
nextel18 said:
"
"

what a stupid thing to say. all companies that are gsm, cdma, roam off each other thats the point with roaming agreements.

LIKE I SAID WHO DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO GET A CALL OUT FIRST WOULD YOU USE T-MOBILE BECAUSE I KNOW I WOULDNT
nextel18

Jan 25, 2005, 3:36 PM
stupid question sorry.
sunvzw

Jan 25, 2005, 3:38 PM
STUPID BECAUSE YOU PROBLEY DO 😛 I USE CINGULAR AND VERZION I PERFER VERZION THOUGH
nextel18

Jan 25, 2005, 3:37 PM
you mentioned that sbc owns 95 percent of gsm or something?

well just some advice.. sbc owns 60 percent of cingular and bls owns the other 40 percent...

ok enough with you becuase i dont deal with stupid people... bye now..
sunvzw

Jan 25, 2005, 3:39 PM
THAT WAS A GUESS I DONT LIKE ARUGING WITH STUPID PEOPLE EITHER 😎
nextel18

Jan 25, 2005, 3:17 PM
i never doubted the fact the there are tower leases and buy outs as well as roaming agreements, but you are still far wrong about the whole cingular owns/d tmobile.
nextel18

Jan 25, 2005, 3:07 PM
that is obvious. they ROAM off each other, i am not worried about that. you have mentioned that tmobile was bought by CINGULAR!!!

you can show all you want with proof about the towers and things of that nature, but you said about ownership. there is a differnce between tower leasing/buyouts and roaming agreements then ownership....

funny thing you said enough is enough, but then you continue. kind of sad i think..

anywya you can prove that cingular used to own tmobile, becuase its not true. regarding the tower situation that is often how it goes, but again it doesnt mean ownership...

good luck.
sunvzw

Jan 25, 2005, 3:11 PM
OWNERSHIP= SOMETHING SOMEONE OWNS
CINGULAR ONCE OWNED THOSE TOWERS
NOW SINCE THEY SOLD IT TO T-MOBILE
OWENERSHIP NOW BELONGS TO T-MOBILE
EVERYTHING GSM WAS ONCE OWNED BY SBC
AND 95% IS STILL OWNED BY SBC
nextel18

Jan 25, 2005, 3:14 PM
yea, you are an idiot.

you think that cingular onced owned those towers and now tmobile owns those towers that cingular owns tmobile? i hope you dont think so becuase that would be very stupid. only DT owns tmobile, plus if cingular owned tmobile, as you claim, there would be nice antri trust going on with sbc, bell south, and DT owning 2 carriers in att wireless/cingular and tmobile...

dont be that stupid..

by the way sbc owns 60 percent of cingular while bell south owns 40 percent. not 95 percent of what you said.
sunvzw

Jan 25, 2005, 3:20 PM
CINGULAR DOSE NOT OWN T-MOBILE BUT THEY SOLD THEM THERE CRAP.....THE STUFF THEY DID NOT WANT ANYMORE.....THATS WHY T-MOBILES SERVICE JUST FREELOADS OFF OF ATT AND CINGULARS NETWORKS ALL THE TIME LOOK AT COVERAGE MAPS THERE OWN NETWORK IS THAT REAL SMALL PINK OR GREEN LINE....
nextel18

Jan 25, 2005, 3:24 PM
you said cingular owned tmobile.
sunvzw

Jan 25, 2005, 3:26 PM
YOUR STUCK ON THE SUBJECT HUH 😈
nextel18

Jan 25, 2005, 3:35 PM
becuase you are a liar and you said it.
nextel18

Jan 24, 2005, 8:24 PM
yea you are a liar regarding that cingular bought or used to own tmobile... here is the history of tmobile... (i will find things that mention cingular)

from http://www.tmobile.com/company/about/

2003: T-Mobile signs significant roaming agreements with AT&T Wireless, Cingular and Western Wireless to extend GSM/GPRS 1900 MHz coverage for its customers along U.S. highways, rural areas and other key markets.

it goes back to 1994.

well, that was it that i saw about anything that cingular was mentioned and what do we have here... "T-Mobile signs significant roaming agreements with AT&T Wireless, Cingular "... lets try to analyze it. it says that TMOBILE SIGNS A ROAMING AGREEMENT WITH CINGULAR!!! ROAMING AGREEMENTS DOESNT EQUAL OWNE...
(continues)
wonderdave

Jan 20, 2005, 11:12 PM
I just HAD to chime in on this one. I am a former VZ Sr. Rep that unfortunately had to move to Oklahoma for personal reasons and I now work for Sprint as a Sr. Tech... Here's the deal.. I ABSOLUTELY ADORE VZ for everything they're about, BUT Sprint has some big plans. EV-DO Rev. A.... anyone heard of it? Sprint is laying the foundation for it right now. All I can say is, reluctantly, VZ and Cingular need to be on notice...
phone girlie21

Jan 20, 2005, 11:43 PM
😁 Like I said a battle between Verizon and Sprint that will never be relsolved. There are sprint addicts who will never leave sprint and there are Verizon addicts who will never leave verizon. So like I said before we can go on and on about this.

Like I said before thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it 😉 😛
nextel18

Jan 21, 2005, 10:08 AM
actually EV-DO REV A will be out in 2007-2008 they are laying the foundation of EV-DO REV O.
Big Poppa

Jan 24, 2005, 2:27 PM
Hey man, I am 95% satified with Sprint customer service lately.. So far they are the only company i know now that has the balls to ask "Have I provided you with excellent customer service today?"

And I have worked on both sides before. Sprint for 3 yrs, and Verizon for 6 months.. Obviously I was happier @ Sprint.
littlefuzzbear

Jan 24, 2005, 4:55 PM
Big Poppa said:
Hey man, I am 95% satified with Sprint customer service lately.. So far they are the only company i know now that has the balls to ask "Have I provided you with excellent customer service today?"

And I have worked on both sides before. Sprint for 3 yrs, and Verizon for 6 months.. Obviously I was happier @ Sprint.

You are naive if you think that Sprint PCS is the only company that asks that question. Either that or you don't get out much.
Shopgirl84

Jan 16, 2005, 4:59 PM
I actually think this whole sprint-nextel thing is going to work out great. I don't think Cingular/Att will be totaly out of the picture though. Sprint-Nextel will kick butt on the business end, but probably won't be very average user driven, so the rate plans will probably still be ridiculously high like nextels are. I think Cingular will have the average users, but the business users will all go with sprint-nextel. Just a guess.
nextel18

Jan 17, 2005, 4:03 PM
i agree shopgirl84 with your post.

i think nextel/sprint would do very well on all the markets that they target. such as; business and consumers as well as gov, youth and old age customers.

nextel/sprint when they have ev-do rev a they will be very strong especially with the qchat solution onto the network. (qchat is a push to talk solution that is on cdma and the latency speeds are 1.5 seconds which isnt too bad but they have 2-3 years to get that speed the same to nextel's dc now.)

its not just all business users will go to nextel/sprint i belive many other users will go to. such as what i have mentioned in this post. (ie gov, business, consumers, youth, and old people)

these two companies together will be very strong when i...
(continues)
lanicusmaximus

Jan 17, 2005, 2:45 PM
I'm not directly associated with any company but I work for an agency that is an authorized dealer of Sprint, Nextel (soon to be Sprint-Nextel...dang that is creative), Cingular and T-Mobile. I was personally a Sprint Customer myself and was not very pleased with their customer service (on and off duty). I wasn't with them 2000 or even 2003. I was with them in 2004 and paid my early termination fee just to get away from them. During my term (which was 2 months) my phone was shut off 3 times. Once because they messed up and put my activation fees on my second months bill after I paid first month and said I didn't pay it. Second time was because they said I still didn't pay my first month's bill. And the third time was because I went over my m...
(continues)
southwestcomm

Jan 17, 2005, 7:39 PM
The networks are no more secure than the other. What are you talking about?
lanicusmaximus

Jan 17, 2005, 9:27 PM
I'm sorry. What I meant was replying to the comment about "secure walky talky" system not network. Sorry for the confusion.
akaszuba

Jan 21, 2005, 8:24 AM
Motorola is not developing new PTT technology for Sprint-Nextel. I believe they are going to use QChat which has been developed by Qualcomm.
nextel18

Jan 21, 2005, 10:13 AM
actually motorola is doing an IP push to talk system called ngd. it will help over the cdma network though, but akas you are right about that whole qchat situation..
Sith_apprentice

Jan 17, 2005, 3:27 PM
customer satisfaction with sprint may be that high, but im wondering what data you use for that comparison? i work in the industry for another company, and we saw that T-mobile came out on top in terms of customer service. This merger is hot news though, Nextel is just as excited as the sprint employees. Nextels ARPU will help sprint out with keeping customers, and sprints cash flow will stabilize nextel and help them move to the W-Iden network on the 1900mhz band.
insidescooppp

Jan 17, 2005, 3:56 PM
it was consumer reports that had the data... verizon #1... sprint #2... and accidents happen with people... it's not like that happens to all sprint customers... sometimes it's just not meant to be.. I had those same troubles with US Cellular and ATT before I began working for Sprint... Unfortuneatly its not always the company, its the idiots that work for them... Thats why so many jobs are out sources... People in India are looked at like high end VIPs when they have communications jobs... and we have people in america who will show up late the first day, and ask what our short term disability plan is.. these people arent as passionate about their work as others... like myself... its sad that americans are like this... just there to be piec...
(continues)
heather_bo_beather

Jan 20, 2005, 6:39 PM
Your company hired them
nextel18

Jan 17, 2005, 3:57 PM
"to the W-Iden network on the 1900mhz band."

you must be crazy becuase WIDEN wont be on the 1.9ghz band.
southwestcomm

Jan 17, 2005, 7:40 PM
WIden is not moving to the 1900 band. It is staying where it is at. They will use the 1900 band for EVDO and other 3G/4G networks.
nextel18

Jan 17, 2005, 4:08 PM
"I work for Sprint and this merger is the hottest thing going on in this industry... It's going to take 2 years, but Nextel's voice is going to be switched over to the 1900mgz CDMA and Motorola is building a new secure walky talky system and developing a new product for us to combine the walky service with our CDMA voice... It's going to be hot, as for our churn rate, we are focusing more on the business side, that's why we got Nextel, because they rock the business side of wireless... As for consumer, our satisfaction rate is only second to Verizon.. and its 70% to 73%... That TommyBoy guy doesnt know that we have over 800 new towers going up over the next 2 years, while turning Nextel's towers over to our secure PCS network... We're going ...
(continues)
mistermarler

Jan 18, 2005, 10:54 PM
okay here we go. first off im regretful to admit you are probably right. it is unfortunate that we live in such a country that is so interested in profit that they are able to rip customers off on a regular basis and then just come up with some new business venture to be okay again. Every mother f*$king week i have at least three customers try to establish service with your beloved crooked garbage company, pre existing account. interesting, ESPECIALLY interesting when it's an 18 year old who just had their birthday. your whole company is based on fraud, and nextel is just retarded. it's for big stupid men who like paying a premium price for an oversized walkie talkie, and you know it. the technology sucks, the phones for the most part...
(continues)
nextel18

Jan 18, 2005, 11:51 PM
" it is unfortunate that we live in such a country that is so interested in profit that they are able to rip customers off on a regular basis and then just come up with some new business venture to be okay again."

its not just this business its every other business too.

"Every mother f*$king week i have at least three customers try to establish service with your beloved crooked garbage company, pre existing account. interesting, ESPECIALLY interesting when it's an 18 year old who just had their birthday. your whole company is based on fraud, and nextel is just retarded. "

well, the problem is nextel likes to keep high quality high paying good credit subscribers. they arent out to get regular consumers. their basic market is business...
(continues)
insidescooppp

Jan 19, 2005, 11:21 AM
I would actually reply to this message with some kind of intelligence if I thought it was required... you're mad at a company because they don't want to get stiff by some 18 year old still in highschool?? We can't individually evaluate one's ethics/morals... etc about paying bills... you may wanna pay you bill... and the next 10 18 year olds will stiff a company... that's why we use credit... I guarantee Sprint offered you service, but with a deposit and $125 spending limit... the PCS network is the most secure wireless network that exists... nothing can crack 1900mgz CDMA.. that's why the CIA uses it... all secret service does... Motorola is working on bringing the walky system to a secure network which makes it even MORE ideal for the busi...
(continues)
mistermarler

Jan 19, 2005, 4:26 PM
FIRST OF ALL, you must not have even read my post. The point of what i was saying, didn't even relate to Nextel, I like the idea of Nextel using cdma, that's not a problem. the problem is Sprint's whole business structure. Maybe you don't realize this, but in the malls, most of the cell phone sales that goes on in a sprint booth are churn, and fraud. I know for a fact cause i've worked in the malls and known these people. Someone comes in with good credit, doesn't buy a phone, well guess what, the next person that comes up with bad credit GETS A PHONE SOMEHOW! ya ever wonder how some of these people get qualified? thats how. And Sprint's customer service? i mean cingular is a bunch of jerks but at least they speak ENGLISH!
mistermarler

Jan 19, 2005, 4:27 PM
and what ARE you talking about. I cell Sprint you weirdo. I wouldn't buy a sprint phone in my life. I just use my employee plan for the free data.
nextel18

Jan 19, 2005, 8:10 PM
EXCUSE ME? i was just replying to that other guy who was attacking me for no reason what-so ever.

"you're mad at a company because they don't want to get stiff by some 18 year old still in highschool?? "

by the way i am 21 and i have nextel for 5 years do sont even try to go there.

" We can't individually evaluate one's ethics/morals... etc about paying bills... you may wanna pay you bill... and the next 10 18 year olds will stiff a company... that's why we use credit... I guarantee Sprint offered you service, but with a deposit and $125 spending limit... the PCS network is the most secure wireless network that exists... nothing can crack 1900mgz CDMA.. that's why the CIA uses it... all secret service does... Motorola is working o...
(continues)
insidescooppp

Jan 20, 2005, 9:14 AM
Yea... none of it was for you... it was for the other guy... I don't know what the hell you're talking about....
insidescooppp

Jan 20, 2005, 9:17 AM
I just happened to reply to your message.. Don't get your undies in a bundle... I'm talking about Sprint basher boy that's mad at Sprint and selling it... when everyother cellular company goes through the same issues that he's blaming the world on Sprint about... You're just some idiot sales rep that doesn't have a clue... MisterMarler... We run a credit check, check ID, and require deposits... just like any other company... what are we suppose to do if people are purposely misleading us... You think this only happens with Sprint?? Gimmie a break dude...
nextel18

Jan 20, 2005, 12:37 PM
"
I just happened to reply to your message.. Don't get your undies in a bundle... I'm talking about Sprint basher boy that's mad at Sprint and selling it... when everyother cellular company goes through the same issues that he's blaming the world on Sprint about... You're just some idiot sales rep that doesn't have a clue... MisterMarler... We run a credit check, check ID, and require deposits... just like any other company... what are we suppose to do if people are purposely misleading us... You think this only happens with Sprint?? Gimmie a break dude...
"

insidescooppp, no hard feelings dude. go after him!!!!
mistermarler

Jan 25, 2005, 6:00 PM
um, no. i sell everyone, sprint is the only one that has at least five fraudulant accounts come to my attention per month. maybe it's just seattle who's scum. look the fact of the matter is that the worst and best thing to ever happen to the telecom industry was seperating ma Bell. Great because it feuled competition, *although in the U.S, we have still managed to have the screwiest most ridulous price plans EVER... man let me tell you how suprised i was when a german couple looked at me like i was retarded when i told them we have to pay for incoming minutes...* but worst of all it created two butting technologies, not just companies. CDMA might be cool for internet speed and whatever else right now, but HSDPA is going to be a world w...
(continues)
nextel18

Jan 25, 2005, 6:02 PM
why are you telling me? you are supposed to tell this to inside scoop. i dont have sprint nor is a sprint boy.
lanicusmaximus

Jan 25, 2005, 6:11 PM
i just think it's the set up of this discussion board. no one really pays attention to where they post they just do.
nextel18

Jan 25, 2005, 6:12 PM
i think so too. oh well ☚ī¸
nextel18

Jan 20, 2005, 12:36 PM
" Yea... none of it was for you... it was for the other guy... I don't know what the hell you're talking about.... "

hahha. me too! i was like why are you talking to me about this becuase i didnt even mention it. hahah. no hard feelings anyway. go get him!!
phone girlie21

Jan 20, 2005, 9:53 PM
🙄 This is quite funny. People have there own opinions. Some people like Verizon. Some people like Sprint. This can go on and on. So there's no way this is going to be resolved. So no matter what anyone says no one is going to win.

Thats my input. I do like Verizon alot though. Sprint sucks in my opinion
insidescooppp

Jan 25, 2005, 3:21 PM
You can't have an opinion without a reason... so let's hear it... đŸ˜ŗ
mikeeno

May 17, 2005, 12:40 PM
Plenty of news about prepaid lately. Funny how nobody is talking about Boosts 2-way billing policy.

Did you know Boost bills for 6 day of 2-way usage if you use it only 5 days.

Boost begins its billing time at 3:00 pm. That way if you used your 2-way only during business hours, they can charge you for an extra day a week. (most use 2-way during bankers hours 9-5)

Even the customer Reps. at Boost won't give you a straight answer if you ask them why they don't start billing at midnight. They hung up when I asked for a supervisor.

If you use a boost mobile as your work 2-way, you are paying an extra 20% a week.

Also: For 2 years the Text message Rates on all Boost Mobile products have been wrong. Boost claims unlimited e-ma...
(continues)
rinrin

Jan 19, 2005, 11:51 AM
okay. i am regretful to say that... unfortunatly we live in a country where people are so ignorant and arrogant not to realize what the integrity of the businesses are. when an 18 year old wants new service, they obviously do not have any credit, thus having to pay a deposit. the deposit is a gaurantee for the business to still come out ahead in the case that the consumer would default.

and for your knowledge, t-mobile runs off the sprint network... so, i guess they suck too?

why don't you do some research before you decide to leave your worthless 2 cents.
rinrin

Jan 19, 2005, 1:17 PM
yeah i want to withdraw my note. I'm just stupid.
jramossteel

Jan 19, 2005, 6:26 PM
rinrin said:
okay. i am regretful to say that... unfortunatly we live in a country where people are so ignorant and arrogant not to realize what the integrity of the businesses are. when an 18 year old wants new service, they obviously do not have any credit, thus having to pay a deposit. the deposit is a gaurantee for the business to still come out ahead in the case that the consumer would default.

and for your knowledge, t-mobile runs off the sprint network... so, i guess they suck too?

why don't you do some research before you decide to leave your worthless 2 cents.

How is that when T-Mobile is GSM and SPRINT is CDMA?
nextel18

Jan 19, 2005, 8:17 PM
"How is that when T-Mobile is GSM and SPRINT is CDMA?"

hahaha. he is an idiot gsm cant roam off of cdma!
wor

Jan 19, 2005, 11:25 PM
There is no way that Tmobile can run off the Sprint Network.....Can a cat give brith to a dog? 😲 NO!
insidescooppp

Jan 20, 2005, 9:13 AM
That's probably why the poster said... "No wait, I'm stupid" and retracted his/her statement... you aholes...
insidescooppp

Jan 20, 2005, 9:19 AM
PS: If you hate your job so bad, and all you want to do is bash before scenes the people that you're working for... which is cowardly and shady... maybe you should get a new job? Better yet... Tell me where you work, and I'll help the process 🙂
lanicusmaximus

Jan 25, 2005, 5:05 PM
I'm also an authorized dealer of Sprint as well as other companies and do you know how many times I come across customers with Sprint accounts that never signed up in the first place? It's terrible when I have to turn them away because someone used their social security number. And yes, in my opinion Sprint does suck. They have horrible billing issues and even worse customer service. I used to have them and I paid the etf. I know I've said this before but I think that Mister Marler has a point. You know, he has the right to say whatever he feels on here. And I'm sorry, I've been with almost every cellphone company and none of them even come close the the problems that Sprint has.
lanicusmaximus

Jan 25, 2005, 5:58 PM
Oh and Sprint can't just go buying everyone out. No company can have a complete and total monopoly. All these talks of buying people out like Alltel, yeah well Verizon was talking about buying out Sprint before Nextel got to them so you never really know. They may and they may not but all we know is what happens today. This crap changes everyday.
scotsboyuk

May 18, 2005, 9:57 PM
Come on chaps don't let this thread die! This really is top notch entertainment, very funny indeed. đŸ¤Ŗ

I particuarly liked mistermarler's fabulous comment:

mistermarler said:
... your whole company is based on fraud, and nextel is just retarded. it's for big stupid men who like paying a premium price for an oversized walkie talkie, and you know it. the technology sucks, the phones for the most part suck.

I was actually laughing out loud at this! Absolutely first rate material old boy! 😁

Joking aside I do actually agree with the point being made, what exactly is the fascination with PTT? Am I missing something? Are all my fellow Europeans missing something? I know PTT has been launched
(continues)
jkrivjansky

May 17, 2005, 6:45 PM
Sounds like the merger is coming along well.
everman

May 19, 2005, 1:31 PM
Cingular will never bow down to you fools.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

....idiots.
insidescooppp

May 20, 2005, 10:18 AM
Wow... good educated statement with facts and arguments to back it up... oh wait... that was a 5th grade response... MY BAD! 😎
verizonmatt

May 20, 2005, 4:11 PM
The direct connect will never be the same once it leaves the iden network. The iden platform was designed for 2 way communication and then they found out they could do cellular calls with it as well! I do not see sprint matching the direct connect especially if they are just gonna use ready link. Even if the direct connect is run over and evdo network it still will not beat the iden system because there will be that few second connection lag that iden doesn't have!!! I will miss the days of the iden system enough to go to southern linc down the road.
Punk0Rama

Jun 9, 2005, 10:38 PM
the sprint nextel is the worst merger i have ever heard. it is a great acquisition as far as customer base is concerned, but it is a technological freakshow. first of all, sprint-nextel will enjoy trying to properly maintain the IDEN service and the CDMA service while growing their CDMA2000, much the same way that cingular is having difficulty maintaining TDMA and GSM while trying to expand GSM (particularly in heavy traffic markets like California and New York). assuming the rumours are true, sprint-nextel will come out with a MBMI phone that will work on both IDEN and CDMA to help ease the transition from IDEN to CDMA. they will then have to upgrade to CDMA at some point. and further down the road, sprint-nextel will have to catch up ...
(continues)
insidescooppp

Jun 24, 2005, 8:02 AM
LOL... that's all Im saying... GSM superior?? That's why every government agency in the United States trusts CDMA over GSM.... so it works in Europe... WOoooppy... the technology will work itself out... dipshit..
SkillciaX

Jun 27, 2005, 10:46 AM
The truth is everything will soon convert to GSM. T-Mobile and Cingular are the only companies that can work outside of the US for international travel because they are all GSM. aside of Verizon and Srint with like one phone that has the capability that costs around $400 dollars... When you can get a free phone from t-mobile that'l work just fine! So yeah I'm sure the technology will work itself out just fine.
toltet

Jul 6, 2005, 10:38 AM
Not really. Look really hard at the GSM the Timeline for GSM states that the next Tech. Will be going to CDMA-W. Go do a lot of reading and you will find that it is the plan in the future.
SPRlNT

Sep 11, 2005, 3:16 PM
From my understanding if you are leaving the states and need a gsm phone sprint will ship you one for a certin period of time... when you come back you ship it back... no charge
toltet

Jul 6, 2005, 10:43 AM
Right!!! CDMA was devloped for the US Military. It is was runs on the GPS systems and will be the tech we will us in the future. It has more room to grow than GSM
everman

Sep 10, 2005, 4:13 PM
bump
lorilicious

Sep 11, 2005, 4:22 PM
Sprint has a terrible reputation, they had AWFUL customer care, I've been with them for 5 years and I did anything within my power so I could live without calling them, specially with that "claire automated system. omgah! I called "it" so many times I cussed it out and it would reply "sorry I didn't get that" lmao... anyways.. what i'm trying to say is that they have improved a LOT since then.
Good luck with the merger, I was bored with the phones so I was thinking about switching carriers but I"m looking forward to what's to come! so I'm staying!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.