Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 21 replies

motorola A630 for cingular

squez

Nov 30, 2004, 9:35 PM
i went to the cingular shop today and asked the sales guy when the a630 was coming out. he said it would be out before christmas and that it would work with at&t sim cards
jas259871

Dec 31, 2004, 10:26 PM
no no and no I am from cingular and there is no planned launch date yet on that phone
jenant2004

Jan 14, 2005, 10:58 PM
besides the launch date on that phone. at&t SIM card CAN NOT be used in Cingular phones. I am also a cingular employee
dogear

Jan 22, 2005, 1:23 PM
You're not a very knowledgeable cingular employee. Here's the scoop on the a630. The expected launch date for the motorola a630 thru Cingular WAS the week of December 20, 2004. Because of the merger with AT&T and motorola's extensive testing process there were delays and they are doing everything to get this phone to cingular as soon as passes the strict testing. After all you wouldn't want a phone that worked so, so. It's expected to come very soon as Cingular has a price on the phone and I've been able to pre-order my Motorola a630 thru a cingular dealer.
colione112

Jul 17, 2005, 8:19 PM
you got screwed huh? No launch, no phone... did the dealer give ur money back??
Brklyn5

Jan 3, 2005, 9:20 PM
I'm interested in this phone as well. I talked to a few cingular reps and the only info I was given was 1 qt. of 05. I'm not the patient type so I bought the phone directly from Motorola; Iā€™m in the process of getting it unlocked. Once the phone is unlocked you can use it on any carriers service.

šŸ˜
NP6622

Jan 6, 2005, 11:41 AM
not true it has to be a gsm network carrier basically your options are cingular, former att and t-mobile
lakers_44

Jan 7, 2005, 9:11 PM
can someone give the final and acurate word on the a630 being (or not being) carried by cingular. I have family and friends in and out of town and i love my mobile to mobile usage. besisides, who uses t mobile anyway? ā˜¹ļø
lanicusmaximus

Jan 18, 2005, 6:25 PM
...I use T-Mobile...and I'm getting an A630 from motorola.
disturbed1

Jan 14, 2005, 6:29 PM
any phone bought directly from the manufacturer should already be unlocked unless you bought a branded version. If you didn't get the t-mobile branded version from Moto then it should already be unlocked. Pop a Cingular SIM in it and it should work, unless it's defective.
dogear

Jan 22, 2005, 1:29 PM
Yes, you can get the phone unlocked however you will not be able to get all the cingular features and will ork only so so. It's best that you get a locked phone that has been thouroughly tested (which is why motorola is known for their delays)
CingularTechGurl1

Jan 4, 2005, 1:22 PM
šŸ˜² This sales guy is wrong on both accounts. You CANNOT you an AT7T sim with a Cingular phone. And HELLO, it's January and it is still not out. I have not heard any talk of it being released. But who knows. Could be any day... šŸ˜Ž
Iselltheshitoutofphones

Jan 4, 2005, 3:54 PM
I would probably say that the relase date for this phone is probably the middle of February. Cingular employees are currently in a sales contest to win a phone. The contest expires on the 7th of this month, with a 4-6 week delivery of the prizes. If you look at the launch date of Moto's V3 and V551 it was the beginning of November.....the same time contest phones were delivered to Cingular employees. Who knows?

Will
Dallas Market
NP6622

Jan 6, 2005, 11:45 AM
I work for cingular and motorola canceled our contest. i have actually heard that this phone will not be realeased but cingular is coming out with a sliding phone just like it only there is no bluetooth and no camera
Iselltheshitoutofphones

Jan 6, 2005, 10:16 PM
How did they cancel the contest? All my points and my prize of a a630 are still there. What gives?

Will
disturbed1

Jan 14, 2005, 6:33 PM
You'll probably be getting an e-mail shortly saying that the a630 isn't a vaild prize for Cingular. I did, and they asked me to reselect my prize. I selected the MPx220 and then called CS to confirm, they said it had been confirmed and that I was scheduled to recieve an MPx220 since the a630 isn't available for Cingular.

Which raises the question is this ACTUALLY gonna be released for Cingular....all the signs say yes. They have it in a publication explaining the merger, on the website for downloads, and on the price sheet, but nothing has been heard for sure.
NP6622

Jan 8, 2005, 3:05 PM
* they only canceled the contest for authorized agents, if you work directly for cingular you should still be good. i work for a company that sells purely cingular, but we are just an authorized agent. our cingular rep sent an e-mail around about a week ago telling us it was canceled.
jramossteel

Jan 12, 2005, 5:32 PM
Iselltheshitoutofphones said:
I would probably say that the relase date for this phone is probably the middle of February. Cingular employees are currently in a sales contest to win a phone. The contest expires on the 7th of this month, with a 4-6 week delivery of the prizes. If you look at the launch date of Moto's V3 and V551 it was the beginning of November.....the same time contest phones were delivered to Cingular employees. Who knows?

Will
Dallas Market

**************** that contest is only open to ouside reps... Agents only.
Iselltheshitoutofphones

Jan 12, 2005, 6:16 PM
Are you sure? The rules specifically state that all employees of Cingular/AT&T/T-Mobile and Verizon reps. Master dealers, agents, sub-agents, etc. Nowhere does it state that corporate owned store employees are not able to participate. I work for an agent and I have a neighbor who works for a company owned store.

The rules are the exact same as the other learn-to-earn contest that happened in September.

Will
jramossteel

Jan 14, 2005, 5:21 PM
The contest stated just that, master dealers, agents and sub-agents... No company owned locations... All of the reps at my store did it and we recieved a letter from motorola stating that we were not eligible. šŸ˜¢
cingagent

Jan 21, 2005, 4:27 PM
actually, its for non-exclusive agents
colione112

Jul 17, 2005, 8:23 PM
The phone will not be available thruogh cingular or att. The F9100 that replaced it was and is a sad phone. Look for a 9200 from LG to replace it soon...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.