Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

New Sprint PDA Phones ???

heath240

Nov 15, 2004, 5:29 PM
My company is switching me over to sprint so I need to get a Sprint PDA phone. Looks like the Treo is the best option, hopefully they will have the 650 avialble soon.

Anyone know of anything else coming out soon? If there something better and or smaller I want to wait.

Thanks in advance,

Heath
Rich Brome

Nov 15, 2004, 6:29 PM
Well, naturally these are your current options:

http://www.sprint.com/business/products/phoneCategor ... »

The PPC-6601 is new, and has a lot of features.

The Samsung i550 is also coming out... although probably not for another couple months at least.
Rich Brome

Nov 15, 2004, 6:30 PM
I meant to include a link for the i550. Here it is:

https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=522 »
Slander

Nov 15, 2004, 8:35 PM
It should be noted that the 6601 is also Sprint's first EV-DO phone.

So, how's this working for you? Is the company going to make you pay for the phone, or are they buying it for you?
Rich Brome

Nov 15, 2004, 10:29 PM
Slander said:
It should be noted that the 6601 is also Sprint's first EV-DO phone.

Not exactly. The 6601 will not be EV-DO-capable out of the box. The hardware supports it, but you will need a software update to enable it. Sprint hasn't said whether such an update will ever be developed and released. No one should be buying it with the assumption that they'll be able to use EV-DO down the road - they may or may not.

So, how's this working for you? Is the company going to make you pay for the phone, or are they buying it for you?

😕 What are you talking about? I don't have a 6601. What company?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.