Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Are there any new Nextel IDEN phones coming out? NOT CDMA/IDEN!! But Just IDEN.

slm616

Jul 6, 2007, 12:17 PM
👿 I am pissed I like the I880 but the guy at the Sprint store told me that they are not making anymore IDEN phones. People like my friends that are firefighters and I my self personally like the IDEN network excellent coverage. CDMA for Sprint. If we want that we will go to VERIZON!!
Argonnj

Jul 6, 2007, 7:49 PM
Your living in the past man! You will never see another iden only phone, so don't cry about it. iden is a dead technology, so why would Sprint or Motorola continue to develop new iden only phones.
rokitaivi

Oct 9, 2007, 5:08 PM
I'm pretty sure IDEN is not dead and that there are new phones coming out. New...thinner phones. Check out Boostmobile.com to see the new phone that's out for them already.
I believe Motorola will release a few new phones by X-Mas.
Have faith
😁
cellphonesaretools

Oct 10, 2007, 7:03 AM
In fact, Southernlinc already has the i290 for sale on their website:

http://www.southernlinc.com/conequipment.asp »

Whether or not Sprint-Nextel will offer this new iDEN phone remains to be seen, but at least Moto has been developing new iDEN phones (perhaps this one was planned pre-merger then got sidelined?)
coziamnumber1

Jul 7, 2007, 12:08 AM
if you look at the fcc approval page, there are 3 iden phones that have been approved. the i876 which is the replacement to the i850 and is basically an i870 minus the mp3 player and is thin like the i880

there is also an i290 and an i425 which i do not know much about. my guess is that they are the replacements to the i265 and the i415 for boost. one can only hope that moto is adding bluetooth to the entry level lineup but only time will tell.
tisto12

Aug 1, 2007, 12:31 PM
yea there is this i335, all i know is that it is all iden not hybrid. it has color display. rugged. wafer thin.
Ray

Jul 7, 2007, 10:00 AM
Just pick up one of the PowerSource handsets which still use iDEN for PTT. Even though the voice and data services are CDMA, CDMA coverage is much better than iDEN as well as sound quality. Remember, iDEN voice is TDMA based and we all know what has happened to TDMA networks.
jrfdsf

Jul 21, 2007, 12:44 PM
Ray said:
Just pick up one of the PowerSource handsets which still use iDEN for PTT. Even though the voice and data services are CDMA, CDMA coverage is much better than iDEN as well as sound quality. Remember, iDEN voice is TDMA based and we all know what has happened to TDMA networks.

CDMA coverage is better if we're talking iDEN compared to A PCS phone with 850 roaming, which the PS phones DON'T have. The coverage on my PS phone comared to my i90 is about the same.

As for voice quality, I disagree with everyone who actually thinks CDMA has better voice quality than GSM or iDEN. Voice quality is NOT a strong point for CDMA networks, although those that operate in the 1900 mhz frequency are better than ...
(continues)
Kerri8382

Oct 15, 2007, 3:41 PM
Be VERY careful on the PowerSource phones. Several areas nationwide...mostly near IN/IL are NOT hyrbid/powersource compatible...so go into your local store and ask before calling the 800 #. Trust me its not worth getting one of these phones if you can't use it...its a 👿 to return!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.