Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Sprint EVDO tethered to laptop Q's?

scuppasteve

Dec 17, 2006, 10:27 AM
Ok so i was looking at sprints website and going through the plans im looking at a PPC-6700, so i can use it to bluetooth to my CARPC and my laptop to connect to internet, but do i need the special "Unlimited Data Plan for Phone as Modem" or can i just get the much cheaper "Sprint Power VisionSM Access Pack" for the phone? And how can sprint tell that, you are using your phone as a modem, vice just websurfing on your phone?

If the answer to this is yes they can tell and i have to get the phone as a modem plan, is verizon a better way to go, price and service wise, i am hoping for good EVDO coverage.

Thanks
Steve
River_City_Ransom

Dec 18, 2006, 12:29 PM
the unlimited data plan (ie: Vision Plan or Power Vision plan) will not cover phone-as-modem. those plans range from $15-25/month. paying that amount does cover unlimited data useage on the phone, but the amount of data-transfer racked-up while urfing the web on your computer, compared to the amount used while browsing on your phone, is going to easily be 5-10 times more. $15/month just wont cover that.
that is why sprint offers the Phone As Modem plans (PAM). thre are 3 different PAM plans available. the prices may have changed since i was on the phones (its been a few months, as im no longer a Tech, but am now a Trainer), but back in the day, they were as follows:

$40 for 40MB (requires 1yr Service Agreement)

$40 for UNL_MB (require...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.