Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Cingular data plans for Windows phones -- differences?

limelava

Dec 7, 2006, 11:13 AM
Let's say I have a Cingular phone that runs Windows Mobile for Smartphones (examples: Samsung Blackjack, Audiovox SMT 5600), and let's fix things on an unlimited data plan.

Choices seem to be:
MediaNet Unlimited, $20/mo
Smartphone Connect Unlimited, $20/mo
PDA Connect, $40/mo

1) Can you confirm that all of them will work or have basic internet access (on that type of phone / OS)? I suspect so, because I know two people with the same SMT 5600, where one has the MediaNet and one got stuck paying the PDA price.

2) Do they have the same functionality? Is there something that will work under one plan but not another?

3) Is there any speed difference? Do all three support or take advantage of 3G (assuming the phone itself does...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Dec 7, 2006, 6:23 PM
3) The phones would have to be 3G as well as the SIM cards. The plan, however, does not matter.

2) They're the same functionality, but MEdia Net routes through a different isp.

1) Both of those people should be on the Smartphone connect. Basic rule of thumb: Phones go on MEdia Net, Qwerty keyboard PDAs go on the PDA Connect, Non-Qwerty windows mobile devices or PDA devices (still with the T9 keypad) use Smartphone Connect.

The difference is that if they catch you on the wrong plan then you'll be liable for a lot of extra charges.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.