Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Beginner With Bluetooth PLEASE help!!

Vandals909

Nov 17, 2006, 7:30 PM
HI I just recieved my LG vx8600 and I wanted to put MP3's from my Laptop on to it. But I have no idea how to do it. I had the phone search for my laptop but it did not find it. Does my laptop have to have some kind of bluetooth adapter. Please help me out guys, I'm clueless on this stuff. I appreciate your help!
ralph_on_me

Nov 18, 2006, 2:46 AM
The vx8600 does not support OBEX. It is a Verizon phone, which means the only bluetooth function you can use is to connect with a headset or car kit.

You cannot transfer files via Bluetooth with a Verizon phone. In the future, I suggest buying a phone from a company that does not cripple their handsets to increase their revenue.
Vandals909

Nov 18, 2006, 2:05 PM
So how do I put my MP3's on to the phone then? The manual say 1.4 my music "Connect to V Cast to download a variety of music, transfer music between your phone and your PC, manage and organize your music file." DO I have to pay to go onto V Cast? It says that I have to agree to the terms when I try to access it.

I wonder if there is a USB cable that is avilable to connect the phone to my computer? Thank for all the help.
Vandals909

Nov 18, 2006, 2:19 PM
I was just reading on verizons website for the vx8600 and here is what it says:

Bluetooth®
Bluetooth Capable (v1.1) –supports headset, hands-free, advanced audio distribution, serial port, dial-up networking, FILE TRANSFER, audio/video remote control, object push profiles for vCard
Bluetooth Stereo Headset Support for Listening to Music
Send vCard to another Bluetooth Device,

So it says file transfer, I'm assuming it means from a laptop or PC to your phone, I think I'm off to best buy to get a Bluetooth adapter for my Laptop and PC. Should this work then?
phonemechanic

Nov 20, 2006, 11:10 AM
Hmm...I'm confused. I'm looking at the box for the VX8600 right now. Here's what it says:

"Phone does not support ALL Bluetooth Object Transfer OBEX Profiles> Learn more about profiles supported by this phone by visiting www.verizonwireless.com/bluetooth"

So which one is it?
phonemechanic

Nov 20, 2006, 11:15 AM
Well, I'm not sure about the computer cause I don't have a bluetooth computer here right now. However, I tried to pair it to another 8600 and it would only let me sent the vcard. 👿
ron47

Nov 29, 2006, 2:08 PM
Forget the Bluetooth, buy a music kit for $29.99. That will give you the cable and software to xfer music.
biznass

Nov 20, 2006, 8:10 PM
You have to have a bluetooth adapter on your computer unless bluetooth is built into it. That is fundamental, so if you don't have that it's not going to work anyway whether the right OBEX is preferred or not.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.