Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Sprint activation??

malbiar

Sep 1, 2006, 1:38 PM
I have a phone that was given to me fro a friend who still owes Sprint. Will they still activate it...and under my name?
raycarroll70

Sep 1, 2006, 1:42 PM
No. Handsets on accounts that have past due balances and/or have been placed in a write off status can not be activated with Sprint.
malbiar

Sep 1, 2006, 1:44 PM
Ok, thank you! Guess I wouldn't try sellin git either as it'd be of no use to anyone else either? Can another carrier activate it for me?
raycarroll70

Sep 1, 2006, 1:46 PM
More than likely not. Most CDMA handsets are locked to a particular wireless carrier. The best you can hope for with the handset you have is to sell it for parts.
malbiar

Sep 1, 2006, 1:51 PM
Darn! No luck! Thanks again! 🙂
SmartSprint

Sep 3, 2006, 1:21 PM
wait six months. then try
Cellinovation

Sep 8, 2006, 6:10 PM
there is another option. Another CDMA carier may be willing to activate the handsets ESN. You will need to do a little research on getting the MSL code for your handset. You will also need to know someone that understands how the towers are set for the carier that you are trying to activate with. You will need the programming codes, and reset the MSL to the coding that is used by the tower set of the carier you want to activate with. THEN you need to get a copy of the PRL either from the company, or using an over the air provisioning method if the carrier offers it. This process however does not work moving from another CDMA carrier to SPRINT
Cellinovation

Sep 8, 2006, 6:12 PM
sorry almost forgot. Unless the handset is used with one of the other cariers, and you geta copy of the proper "updated" software from the manufacturer to work with the service, you will not be able to use "acess shop" or "mobile web" or what ever the cariers data or purchase networks are. It will be voice only, you might get text.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.