Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Data cards that will work internationaly

Wireless Consultant

Jul 1, 2006, 9:59 AM
I am looking for a PC card to work in Mexico city and other countries. Mexico city is the main city I need data coverage.

I spoke to Cingular about the Option GT Max global card they could not guarantee coverage or speed but they did say if it worked, the cost would be .0195 a kilobyte.

I would like to know if anyone has used any data cards in Mexico city and what carrier are they using.

www.wirelessconsultant.net
chainsaw

Jul 1, 2006, 5:12 PM
The cingular card will work in any country that offers GPRS/EDGE coverage. Go to www.gsmworld.com to see which countries offer coverage.
Wireless Consultant

Jul 5, 2006, 1:15 PM
Thanks

But I decide to go with the Sprint data card. Cingular does not guarrantee roaming and the price was 10 times more than Sprint.

.0195 per kb compared to .002 per kb with Sprint.

Sprint also has a plan that includes Mexico and Canada. $99.99 unlimited if you have avoice line and $129.99 if you do not have avoice line.

The speed would be faster than GPRS and Edge but not EVDO.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.