Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Wi-Fi on Cingular 8125

nok_m_ded

Mar 7, 2006, 11:00 PM
I already have high-speed wireless in my home for my laptop. And my Cingular 8125 recognizes the connection, but still is not accessing the internet. Anyone have a simple, or complex, explanation for this? Thanks...
colione112

Mar 8, 2006, 10:55 AM
Even though it recognizes the connection, you have to go to cing's website and enable it on you phone... not sure exactly how to do it, but the instructions are there...
notwhoiwuz

Mar 23, 2006, 9:55 PM
Start> settings> connection> connections. Tap the pull down arrow on the second field and choose "My Work ISP". That's how I connect to the wi-fi hot zone in downtown Spokane.
tifferzb2001

Apr 5, 2006, 8:14 AM
What phonedr said is correct as far as set up, except you don't need a laptop connect. I use my cell phone on a regular Media Plan and teather it to my lap top. As long as you have the unlimited PDA plan your good.
johnnybmagic

May 2, 2006, 12:04 AM
Hit start, settings, connection tab, hit connections icon, hit proxy server settings, make sure that box labeled "this network uses a proxy server" is NOT checked, this box must be unchecked in order to connect via wi-fi.
bostontravel

May 30, 2006, 12:53 PM
Can you tell me if I connect using this to my work WiFi network do I incur data charges from Cingular? That's been my main question and none of the carriers can answer that.
Vox Dei

May 30, 2006, 1:16 PM
No
mobiedave

Dec 22, 2006, 9:48 PM
Can you tell me the state of the art in cellular and wifi on the same handset, and when and from whom it is or will be available

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.