Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Verizon Samsung bluetooth is useless

hohosix

Jan 20, 2006, 6:54 PM
😈 I just call Samsung and find out the bluetooth can only use for headset. No pix transfer, no connection to PAD or computer. Any one know if this can work around. I notice the Razr too. I don't think this is the manufacturer issue.
Don.Mike

Jan 20, 2006, 8:31 PM
no, it's a well documented verizon issue. all verizon bluetooth phones (except the nokia 6256) are set up for headset profiles only. there are work arounds for some of the phones, such as through motorola tools for the v710.
Celling_it

Jan 22, 2006, 7:27 AM
It is not an issue, it is done this way intentionally. To say it is an issue would implay that there is a problem with how the equipment works. It works just the way VZW wants it to work.
liltex2010

Jan 24, 2006, 6:27 PM
I posted somethin about this about a month ago, but unfortunately yes VZW has the bluetooth disabled! The only thing verizons bluetooth works with is headsets...by disabling the bluetooth they are able to force the millions of VZW subscribers to pay 1.99-8.99 for ringtones, wallpapers etc. and once you download a ringtone or wallpaper you will notice a lil picture of a lock at the bottom corner of each one which obviously means theres no chance of you transferring that wall paper of pamela anderson to your buddies phone...!
VZW_SMS

Jan 26, 2006, 4:11 PM
Hey, don't knock Verizon. They have to pay for all those snazzy commercials somehow 😎
Don.Mike

Jan 26, 2006, 1:10 PM
i didn't mean issue as in problem. issue as in people have an issue (problem) with it. verizon disables it by design. sorry for confusion.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.