Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

downloads from computer

momoftechie

Jan 20, 2006, 4:36 PM
Hi!
I want to purchase a phone that allows my son to download the games he creates in JAVA and J2ME into the phone. Do I have to purchase a service to do this? We are with Cingular--do I HAVE to purchase a data service? Or can he just connect the phone using a cable to his computer and download?
Thanks for your help!
momoftechie
sr20_00

Jan 22, 2006, 8:18 AM
You will not need a provider's data plan to load these games onto any phone. You will need a USB sync cable that connects your phone to the computer and the proper software or file browser to place them onto the phone. It depends on what type of phone you have on how you will place the files and get them installed on the phone though.
Good Luck and let us know if you need more help.
momoftechie

Jan 22, 2006, 1:48 PM
Tank you!!! Yes, I have another question. My son wants to use J2ME to create games, etc. to load onto the file. He may be creating some other things that are more complicated as well (working with a professor at the university). We have to sign with Cingular because they are one of the few outfits that let you do this. So what Cingular phone would you recommend? I was looking at ones with a camera, with J2ME, and it would be nice to have extra memory--but the prof. said don't get one that forces you to remove the battery to get in the stick. Also--EDGE would be nice, because eventually he will be doing data transfer. Any phone suggestions???Thanks!!
sr20_00

Jan 22, 2006, 4:05 PM
https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=569 »

I have one of those phones that I would be willing to sell you that I have had for about 3months. I am purchasing a new Cingular 8125 just as soon as it hits corporate/business accounts availability. This has been a good phone, I just prefer a new one now because I upgrade every six months or so. This one does not have Edge but it has everything else you prefer and it does well. It also has an SD slot ont he top with easy removal which I have a 1gig SD card which would go with it. Let me know if this perks your interest or not and I will give you some other suggestions for phone models.

P.S. Don't get the HP hw6515.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.