Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

EDGE date speeds

zjc2a

Dec 19, 2005, 12:35 AM
I have a nokia 6230 and use it with my G4 powerbook and lately I have noticed increase in speeds while at home. I have Cingular in Tennessee and Tonight I have have had the highest d/l speed I have ever experienced with my phone of almost 200kps at a sustained rate. I used to get about 80-120 throughtout the summer then the I could not use for about a month due to "repairs on the system" according to the CS, then the speed went up to about an average of 120kps when I was able to connect to the internet again at home. Why is this? Is Cingular updating towers for more EDGE speed or does the impending overlay for HSDPA and WCDMA have somehting to do with this? Also I know the 6230 is class 10 EDGE for up to 8 slots, what phone for America ...
(continues)
phonehore

Dec 20, 2005, 11:08 AM
When At&T Wireless launched EDGe it was avg sp 120 and brust rates of 200. that is not new, depends on subscriber traffic while in use. speed still not fast enough to for an anomaly, however, its great for basic stuff, while being mobile.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.