Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Can I use my cell phone as modem of fax machine?

singedfur

Nov 23, 2005, 6:22 PM
My carrier, Verizon, tells me I absolutely CAN, simply by using the USB cable connector (Nokia 6015i), but when I talk to Brother (the fax machine I'm looking at purchasing is a Brother) they say their machine will not work with a cell phone because it requires an analog signal. Verizon says as long as fax machine has a USB port (which it does) it should be able to talk to the phone fine. Before I blow $200 on the fax machine (model 2820), does anyone know for sure if it will work??

I just want to be able to dial long distance fax numbers through my cell, since my cell gets free LD.

Thank you for any help!!
the answer is 42

Nov 24, 2005, 7:50 AM
You can use most VZW phones as a modem, but I don't know about hooking it up to a fax machine. The phone would have to be capable of handling the type of data used by the fax. I'm curious if anyone has a definitive answer on this one. Perhaps go to Circuit City where they have the phones and the faxes on display (I'm sure one employee has an activated cell) and tell them to show you how it would work. They should have the mobile office cable there already. Just beware, you can't use a VCast enabled phone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.