Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Someone PLEASE explain to me...

Thannah4

Sep 29, 2005, 9:39 PM
Okay, I just ordered an unlocked Nokia 6681 for my service with Cingular. It has PTT capability, but I've been told it won't work with CIngular's PTT service in NOv.? Why not? Also, I read this somewhere: These phones are good for AT&T, T-Mobile and Cingular 1900/900/1800 MHz GSM users and NOT Cingular 850 MHz band. What does this mean?? And how do I know which user I am??? HEEELLLPPP!!
mark0000

Sep 30, 2005, 10:29 AM
Thannah4 said:
Okay, I just ordered an unlocked Nokia 6681 for my service with Cingular. It has PTT capability, but I've been told it won't work with CIngular's PTT service in NOv.? Why not? Also, I read this somewhere: These phones are good for AT&T, T-Mobile and Cingular 1900/900/1800 MHz GSM users and NOT Cingular 850 MHz band. What does this mean?? And how do I know which user I am??? HEEELLLPPP!!

First, PTT capability and ability are indeed to different things. Generally with unlocked phones a great deal of programming will need to be done, you'll need to talk to Cingular for this. Since I don't work for them and haven't seen their PTT specs maybe someone else can chime in there.

As for...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Sep 30, 2005, 5:01 PM
Bravo Mark!

I don't believe the 6681 has support for the 850mhz ranges, as it's a European tri-band phone. It will still work on all three of the carriers you mentioned on the 1900 mhz frequencies, it simply is not capable of picking up the 850 mhz. It may also not have the right software to run our upcoming PTT. If there is a way to have it added to the phone, it will be hard to come by.
mark0000

Sep 30, 2005, 6:07 PM
ralph_on_me said:
Bravo Mark!

awww shucks. I don't think anyone every bravo'd me before 🤭

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.