Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 7 replies

BlueTooth earbud with or without boom mike?

lorna

Aug 8, 2005, 10:09 AM
How strong for picking up your voice are those BlueTooth earbuds? I see that there are earbuds and then there are earbuds with boom mikes. It seems odd to me that a little mike in your ear can pick up voice waves that are emanating from your mouth, which is in front of your ear. Isn't it more likely that an earbud with a boom would pick up your voice more effectively? I don't care how it looks if it picks up my voice better.

PS: If earbuds without mikes were truly equally good, Britney Spears would not use a boom mike.

-Lorna 😳
tadams

Aug 8, 2005, 10:24 AM
In my experience, I have found that any earpiece with a boom mic picks up the voice better. I sell the boom headsets to alot of UPS drivers because they have told me that it helps with the outside noise. So in theory, yes to your puestion, but I do not use a boom headset and I can hear and people can hear me just fine. Hope that helps.
lorna

Aug 8, 2005, 12:02 PM
Thanks for telling me this, but this insight leaves me still not knowing what to get. 😁 I guess it would depend on when and where I would be using the earbud. So far I cannot list any noisy situations, as in a construction worksite, in which case I would probably be using a Nextel handset. Driving in my car..... hmmm. I don't know.......

-Lorna
tadams

Aug 8, 2005, 1:46 PM
Driving in your car should be fine with the earpeice. If you drive with the windows down, then you may want the boom.
lorna

Aug 8, 2005, 3:45 PM
I usually drive with the windows up and the AC on. -Lorna
freephones4all

Aug 8, 2005, 11:30 AM
I can speak very low and people can still hear me clearly without a boom.
But you can connect and and disconnect the headset just by folding and unfolding the boom on the other motorola headset. that feature alone is worth the extra $20.
lorna

Aug 8, 2005, 7:59 PM
freephones4all said:
But you can connect and and disconnect the headset just by folding and unfolding the boom on the other motorola headset. that feature alone is worth the extra $20.

.......... Lorna says ............................................. ...
I wonder if the NOkia BlueTooth earbuds with mics have that feature. I hope so. (Although I may end up getting the Moto V1150/V3x, so that would be just fine with me to get a good Moto earbud with mic. -Lorna
aloha

Aug 8, 2005, 7:12 PM
lorna said:
How strong for picking up your voice are those BlueTooth earbuds? I see that there are earbuds and then there are earbuds with boom mikes. It seems odd to me that a little mike in your ear can pick up voice waves that are emanating from your mouth, which is in front of your ear. Isn't it more likely that an earbud with a boom would pick up your voice more effectively? I don't care how it looks if it picks up my voice better.

PS: If earbuds without mikes were truly equally good, Britney Spears would not use a boom mike.

-Lorna 😳

I guess if she were to actually sing her songs in concert it might matter, since she only lip-syncs she could use either one.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.