Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 15 replies

XV6600 EV-DO HAVE some ???????S

WirelessStoned

May 26, 2005, 4:29 PM
Ok I was wondering if I could take an xv6600 hook it up to a laptop and still get the ev-do speeds in EV-DO markets? Any tricks ? Just want to know if its possible, and what I need to do if it is, thanks
Vatothe0

Jun 9, 2005, 2:15 PM
No, it won't work. That is thoroughly blocked by Verizon. You could however get a $50 aircard and service on it and get EVDO in those areas and National Access everywhere else
toolfreek

Jul 21, 2005, 2:24 AM
there are no limitations to the 6600. the only limit is how fast via the cradle or bluetooth connection is. All you have to have is a data feature on the acct: for either 44.99 if you want minutes or 49.99 if all you want is to use the phone for data. once connected via the cable or BT is to create a DUN connection manually and your set. This is the only phone that verizon offers that isn't cripled in some way.

access# is #777
username = 10digitmobile#@vzw3g.com
PW = vzw

reply back if you dont understand...
Livinloud316

Jul 23, 2005, 2:07 AM
the only problem with that is that it's very illegal. Verizon has the right the terminate your contract and charge you the ETF if you use an EVDO phone as a tethered solution. The actually chances of them catching you are low, but you still run the risk. for me, it's not worth it.
toolfreek

Aug 3, 2005, 10:55 PM
Were not talking about evdo phones. Were talking about a PDA. The 44.99 feature gives you the access on the net. It's not illegal and they wont cancel your contract either. I've been working at VZW for a while now. I replied in the forum because I know exactly what I'm talking about.
d8ug

Aug 8, 2005, 11:39 PM
i am trying out the Pocket PC phone from verizon...so far i like it alot...i had the tmobile pc phone and wanted to change to verizon for its extensive coverage...is what you are talking about here a way in which one could somehow drop his cable computer access and use this cell phone as access to the web through one's laptop computer...since the cost of this plan is a bit higher than i'm used to, i would definitely be interested in a more complete explanation of how this access might be possible...when i asked the company about sending emails they did tell me that i couldn't send pictures or attachments through the cell...could i through this process described?
Vox Dei

Aug 9, 2005, 4:37 PM
You can from this phone too. You can send pictures and attachments through either bluetooth or email it with the pocket outlook. Phones you cannot do either but the PDA's are a different device then a phone. The reason they don't disable the bluetooth on this phone is because you cannot buy ringtones for this phone from them. Ringtones just use the standard microsoft .wav files.
d8ug

Aug 10, 2005, 9:21 AM
i'm still interested, if anyone has the time, in having someone explain in some detail, how i can access the internet using this phone in tandem with my laptop and not having any other internet browser attached...is it really possible?
Vox Dei

Aug 10, 2005, 3:18 PM
sorry i've never done it with the BT so i don't know how to set it up. My laptop doesn't have BT so i just use the USB cable. If you want that instructions i'll give the to you but i don't know how to set up the BT.
zjc2a

Aug 10, 2005, 10:09 PM
I could tell you step by step for a mac, I have done it for a month very cheaply and it works anywhere you get a signal. If you want email me what type of phone, your laptop, and what internet plan/carrier you have. I have cingular any other carriers I would have to look at some things, but I could give it a shot.

-Z
d8ug

Aug 11, 2005, 1:15 PM
i have a compaq laptop and a dell laptop...either one would be ok...i currently have cable high speed through comcast as my server...i want to be able to hook up my 6600 via cradle and USB port, and access the internet using the service i pay for through verizon (or whoever i decide to finally go with, ie, sprint)...then i could cancel my contract with comcast and save a buck...any help out there?
Vox Dei

Aug 11, 2005, 6:42 PM
with the 6600 you get a CD with the driver software. You load that up then on the PDA you select START -> Settings-> System -> USB and select External Data call (this sets your phone from active sync mode to modem mode). Then you plug your phone into the cradle and the cradle into your USB port. Your computer will say that a Audiovox vx6600 USB modem has been connected. then on your lap top you go into Control pannels and add a dialup connection. You use the settings

Access #777
username = 10digitmobile#@vzw3g.com
PW = vzw

And call then click connect. A few minutes you should get a dialup connection at about 400k or so.

i hope this helps.
Jsmoov

Dec 8, 2006, 7:03 PM
Hello,
I'm in the process of purchasing the 6700. It seems that verizon has blocked using this as a modem. I have bluetooth on my laptop. Is there any way around this? I really don't want to have to buy a card also. Sorry if this has already been addressed. I tried searching the forums. Thank you
Jsmoov

Dec 10, 2006, 11:15 PM
Ok- I did more resource on the web found what I needed. The internet is great
itsme73

Sep 24, 2007, 2:21 PM
does anyone know where to find the steps to enable the modem feature????
elveskind1

Dec 12, 2006, 6:53 PM
It can be done. VZW does not want you to know how to do. This is the deal. You have to create Bluetooth DUN (Dial Up Network) like on a peecee.
You are running Windows. It can be tethered as a modem too, VZW again does not support. It can be done I assure you. I suggest calling Audiovox( which is now UT Starcomm) Tech Support Teir II or III 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.