Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Using a Razr V3m tethered to Alltel ..outwest

slimsss2

Aug 2, 2007, 6:54 PM
This is my only source for any type internet except for dial up,, I have been using this service a month now and have problems ''hooking up'' to the tower (I think). i do have a weak signal, 1 to 1 1/2 bars,, sometimes a page just won't download, sometimes i can be ripping right along and all of a sudden it just slows down and then stops loading a page at all.
My question is does the tower put my data signal on the side when cell traffic is high,?? is the problem in my software,?? the software was $70.00 bucks from alltel, will a amp/booster help me blast thru the traffic??
The service is dyno-mite when i hook up and all is well, $25.00 a MO. unlimited,,it is way faster than the old dial up,,I am out in rural NW NEW mexico, and i h...
(continues)
rmtp22

Aug 3, 2007, 7:57 PM
You will need to know if you are hitting a data tower or a voice tower. Both are able to handle voice calls. All towers going up are data towers. If you are in an extreme rural area, there is a good chance that it is just a voice tower. If that is the case, a booster won't help. If you are hitting a data tower, it may.

http://www.alltel.com/business/enhanced/data_access. ... »
Go to see map, select NM. If you have color, It is a data tower.

Yes Voice packets get priority with any network as far as I know. It is all shared bandwidth.
I am not an expert, so I hope that helps.
slimsss2

Aug 3, 2007, 9:05 PM
Appreciate your help,, i am in the color area,, the nearest tower to me is only 1 mile away but we are in the small rolling hills area,, my house being in a small vally. i can drive any direction 1/4 mile or less and get all 5 bars..and i (we) the family don't have dropped calls anymore since this tower went up about 1 year ago. i am on with the tether now and i am zipping right along,, pictures load great.
i have on occasion when it has slowed down or stopped,, disconnected, turn right back around and connect and sometimes away i go again,, other times it doesn't change at all.
Alltel did send a tech out to the tower and to my location,, he said that he did move (?) something on the tower more in my direction,, He also said he didn'...
(continues)
eljeffe666

Oct 6, 2007, 4:04 PM
what kind of signal do u get right on the out side of ur house cause if u have great signal outside but not inside the amp booster should work but if u still only get one, one and a half bars out side its not going to make a difference

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.